- Board of Education
- Strategic Plan: Beyond the Talk
- District Data Center
- District-wide Plans and Voter Initiatives
- Leadership Team
Enroll in SFUSD Schools
- Enroll for Early Education: Infant, Toddler, Preschool, and Afterschool Programs
- Enroll for Transitional Kindergarten
Enroll for K-12
- Lowell and SOTA
- School Boundary Maps
- Middle School Feeders
- Enrollment Resources
- Student Assignment and Enrollment Reports
- Nutrition & School Meals
- Curriculum & Standards
News & Calendars
- Current News
- More Information
- Public Notices
- School Times
- From the Desk of the Superintendent
- Community Bulletin
- Media Coverage
- Office of Family and Community Engagement
- Office of Family Voice
- Your Rights & Responsibilities
- Leadership Opportunities
- Community Resources & Services
- College & Career
- Your Child’s Education: Things You Should Know
- Tdap (Whooping Cough) Booster Shot
- Information about Stomach Flu and Seasonal Influenza
- Graduation Requirements
Councils & Committees
- Bilingual Community Council (BCC)
- Community Advisory Committee (CAC) for Special Education
- School Advisory Committee (SAC)/District Advisory Committee (DAC)
- Prop A - Citizen's Bond Oversight Committee (CBOC)
- District English Learners Advisory Committee (DELAC)
- English Learner Advisory Committee (ELAC)
- Parent Advisory Council
- Student Advisory Council (SAC)
- School Site Council (SSC)
- Public Education Enrichment Fund Community Advisory Committee (PEEF CAC)
- Food and Fitness Advisory Committee
- Early Education: Infant, Toddler, Pre-K, TK and Out Of School Time Programs
- Restorative Practices
- Special Education
- ExCEL After-School Programs
- Gifted and Talented Education (GATE) Program
- Summer School 2013
- Advancement Via Individual Determination (AVID) College Prep
- College & Career Readiness
- Multilingual Pathways Department
- State and Federal Programs
- Sustainability & Environmental Education
- Financial Aid Resources for College
- School Placement Appeals
- Translation & Interpretation
- Student, Family and Community Support Department
- Student Work Permits
- Truancy Intervention
- Credit Recovery Options
- College Savings Accounts
- College Resources for Undocumented Students
- Student Intervention Team
- Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)
- Doing Business with SFUSD
- ADA Access
- Safety & Emergency Plan
- Employee Resources
- Employee Recognition
- Career Opportunities
- How do I...?
Senior Citizen Exemption Office Overview
Welcome to SFUSD's Senior Citizen Exemption Homepage!
In 2008 and 2010, the citizen's of San Francisco approved two critical measures to support the San Francisco Unified School District: the Quality Teacher Education Act of 2008 and the School Facilties Special Tax of 2010. Both of these measures included an exemption for seniors living on the property provided they meet certain criteria. Please use this page as your resource for understanding one's eligiblity for an exemption from these charges as well as the process to apply for and receive an exemption from school district.
How to get a 2013-2014 Application:
- Paper applications were mailed out during the first week of May 2013. Printed applications are also available in our office at 135 Van Ness Ave, Room 112.
- Download the Senior Citizen Exemption application form.
- All applications and supporting copies of documents must be received by the SFUSD Senior Citizen Exemption Office by June 30, 2013 at 5 P.M.
- No late application forms will be accepted.
- Quality Teacher & Education Act of 2008: $219.64.
- School Facilities Special Tax of 2010: $33.96 for Single Family Dwellings or $17.00 per unit in multiple unit complexes.
135 Van Ness Avenue, Room 112
Phone: (415) 355 -2203
Fax: (415) 241 -6684
*Please note: Emails will be answered in order received, but due to high volume, we are often unable to respond immediately. Please allow for 2 – 3 days for our office to respond.
Hours of Operation:
Monday – Friday
8:00 A.M – 5:00 PM
Hillcrest was recently named a National Community School Award for Excellence winner by the Coalition for Community Schools. ... Read more
© 2013 San Francisco Unified School District, All Rights Reserved
San Francisco Unified School District programs, activities, and practices shall be free from discrimination based on actual or perceived race, color, ancestry, national origin, ethnic group identification, age, religion, marital or parental status, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, or gender expression; or on the basis of a person’s association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics.
If you believe you have been discriminated against, immediately contact the school site principal and/or Executive Director of the Office of Equity, Ruth Diep, at (415) 355-7334 or email@example.com. A copy of SFUSD’s uniform complaint policy is available upon request.