School Planning Retreat
The School Planning Retreat provides the opportunity to work together as a team on your school's Balanced Scorecard (BSC), academic plan and budget for the 2017-18 school year.
Interpretation, breakfast and snacks will be provided!
Saturday, Mar. 4
8:15 to 9:00 a.m.: Breakfast and check-in
8:45 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.: School Planning Retreat
Location: Everett Middle School
450 Church St., between 16th and 17th St.
Parking at Everett MS (entrance on 17th St.), Sanchez ES (entrance on Sanchez St. near 17th St.), and Mission HS (entrance on Church St. near 18th St.)
Who Should Attend
Principals, members of School Site Councils or English Learner Advisory Committees, families, and your other school community leaders. Talk to your school's principal about how you can attend and participate in school planning!
- Hear about SFUSD's strategic priorities, programs and services for 2017-18
- Help develop your school's priorities and plans for next year
- Learn about funding and other sources to serve your students
What to Expect
These are the steps in the school planning process:
- Review data about your school and students and reflect on how your
school is doing to support students to succeed. Examples of information
you can review include:
- Academic assessments, such as SBAC/CAASPP, Fountas & Pinnell, CELDT, writing assessments, and FEP reclassification data
- Attendance, out-of-class referrals and suspension data
- Student and family school climate surveys
- Based on that data, set goals and identify priorities for the next school year. What are the programs, services, and other resources your school wants to focus on to reach these goals?
- Beginning the week of Feb. 20, look at how the draft school budget can best support these goals and priorities.
Interpretation will be coordinated through your school team. Please communicate with your principal to request interpretation in advance.
Childcare is free and available for children ages 3 and up and must be reserved in advance. Younger children may accompany you to the School Planning Retreat and must stay with you at all times.
Childcare check in begins and doors open at 8:15 a.m.
To reserve childcare:
- Call 415-355-7323 x1312 for Spanish or English, or 415-241-6607 for Cantonese
- Download this form (Español | 中文 | عربي | Tagalog | Tiếng Việt) and fax it to 415-522–6724
Bajar el formulario en español y mandarlo por fax a 415-522-6724 para reservar el cuidado de ninos
- Fill out the form below