Salary and Benefits
For questions about salary or benefits, please contact:
For questions about paychecks or paystubs, please contact:
- Will need Username/Password. If you do not have your username/password, please contact the I.T. Help Desk at 415-241-6476
It's Time For Open Enrollment!!
Open enrollment will be held from October 1st - October 31st. During this time you can make changes to your plan selections and add or drop dependents. The Benefits team will be hosting an open enrollment fair on Wednesday, October 7th from 2pm - 8pm in the Board Room at 555 Franklin St., SF. CA 94102.
- Come and learn how to REDUCE your TAXABLE INCOME, ADDor DROP dependents, CHANGE your medical planand more!
- Also available are FREE FLU SHOTSfor district employees with an ID badge
- KAISER, BLUE SHIELD, AFLAC, Washington National, Pacific Educators and other vendors will be on site to inform you about benefits that might interest you
- HR staff will be on hand to schedule appts., create ID badges, change addresses and answer questions
- Arrive early to participate in our raffle and free giveaway’s (laptop, visa gift cards, and more...)
The mission of the Benefits Office is to support and serve our district partners in an efficient, responsive and courteous manner, and in compliance with Federal, State and City regulations, to achieve the educational goals of the San Francisco Unified School District.
The Benefits Office Hours are:
By Appointment Only
Walk-in Office Hours
Mon - Thur
8am – 12:00 pm
12pm – 4:30pm
Please call for an appointment
The San Francisco Unified School District offers eligible employees the opportunity to enroll themselves and eligible family members in medical, dental, vision and Flexible Spending Account benefits. Enrollment or changes must take place within 30 days of start work date, no later than 30 days after a qualifying event, or during Open Enrollment in October.
The approved list of SFUSD vendors is available on the 403bCompare website. The site allows you to browse vendors and compare their product offerings.
Go to www.403bcompare.com , click on My Employer and choose San Francisco Unified School District to get started. Contact the vendor of your choice to open an account.
For more information regarding 403b and 457 Plans, please contact Guillermo Garcia in the Payroll Operations Department at 241-6114, EXT.3075.
Designating a Beneficiary
Your beneficiary designation for life insurance should be updated regularly. When you sign and date your life insurance enrollment form, the beneficiary designation you have made is legally binding until you complete a new form.
To designate a new beneficiary, please download the Life Insurance Enrollment and Change Form, complete it (including signature and date) and return it to the Benefits Office .
To designate a new beneficiary for your retirement benefits, please contact your retirement system directly.