Summer Internship Opportunities
Youth Jobs+ Resource Fair
SFUSD Summer Career Exploration Programs
The Career Technical Education office coordinates the Summer Career Exploration Programs for current SFUSD sophomores and juniors. Students who are interested in exploring careers related to the automotive technology and building and construction trades industries can explore careers through a combination of classroom learning and worksite visits. Students that participate in the program will:
- Gain work experience through worksite rotations
- Work with industry mentors and use what they learn in real world projects
- Design and develop work projects related to your summer program
- Build your resume and professional network
- Earn high school and college elective credits and financial compensation
Interested students can apply to the CTE Summer Career Exploration Program! The student application must be completed online and is due Friday, April 14, 2017 by 5:00 p.m. PST.
If you have any questions about the Summer Career Exploration Programs, please contact Bernadette Frias, Work-Based Learning Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or (415) 379-7760.
Productive Summer Experiences
This year, CTE updated the 2017 Productive Summer Guide, which is a comprehensive list of opportunities available for high school students. The list is organized by the type of summer opportunity, including paid summer internships, college classes, and/or industry related academic and enrichment programs.
Additional Summer Internship Opportunities
- Enterprise for Youth previously Enterprise for High School Students (EHSS)
- Youth Jobs + (United Way of the Bay Area)
- Mayor's Youth Education & Employment Program (MYEEP)
- SF YouthWorks (Japanese Community Youth Council)
- San Francisco International Airport
- Workreation (Parks and Recreation)
- Project Pull (San Francisco Public Utilities Commission)