10th Grade Checklist
- Meet with your high school counselor to make sure you are on track and taking classes needed for graduation.
- Thinking about going to a 4 year college? Make sure you're preparing for college by completing the UC/CSU admissions requirements.
- All students must take the CAHSEE for the first time in grade ten. A scale score of 350 or higher is required on each part of the CAHSEE to pass. Review the study guides for the Math and English portions of the test.
- Explore colleges by logging into your ConnectEDU account and trying a College Search. Learn more about different types of colleges.
- Take the PSAT for sophomores. Your high school offers it for free!
- Drop the activities you don't like. Stick with the ones you do. Colleges want to see commitment.
- What do you know about college majors? Whatever major you choose, don't pick what's easiest–or what your best friend is studying–because you'll only be cheating yourself out of some great opportunities!
- What does it mean to Declare a major?
- Use the U.S. Department of Labor’s career search tool to research your career options.
Other Grade Level Checklists