Request to Distribute Materials to SFUSD Sites
Due to technical issues, we are currently not using the form for submitting fliers. Please submit your fliers via email, as detailed below.
To distribute fliers or documents to SFUSD sites, you need a stamp of approval from SFUSD. To submit a flier for approval:
- Leave a 1 x 2 inch space on your flier for the approval stamp
- If you want to print your flier before getting it stamped, make sure the phrase "SFUSD neither endorses nor sponsors the organization or activity described in this document" is included on the flier. Then you only need to show the school one stamped version of the document.
- Make sure your flier does not contain:
- Corporate promotion
- For-profit advertising
- Promotions for dances, parties, etc.
- Educational materials that have not been approved by SFUSD
- Content inconsistent with the mission or policies of SFUSD
- Political materials, endorsements, walk-outs, demonstration notices, non-SFUSD fundraisers, etc.
- Recruitment of students or staff to an independent or private school
- Create a PDF of your flier
- Here are some instructions on how to create a PDF
- Find a PDF or image of your organization's 501(c)(3) documentation, such as a letter from the IRS or a document with your organization's federal tax ID
- We can only approve fliers from nonprofit organizations
- Federal, state and city organizations are exempt from providing proof of a 501(c)(3)
- Name associated with federal tax ID number must match name or logo on flier
- Email your flier and 501(c)(3) documentation to email@example.com
Once you have submitted your flier, it will be stamped and emailed back to you within ten days.
If you plan on delivering or posting your flier at school sites yourself, please bring a stamped version of your flier and a copy of your submission confirmation email to the school office. You can request student and staff counts at school sites to help with your printing estimates once your flier has been approved.
If you need help distributing your flier, contact the Document Publishing and Distribution Center at 415-355-6999 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional fees may apply.