2016-17 Meal Application Form
Online School Meal Application
For the 2016-2017 school yearYou can help our schools get more funding, make sure students are well-fed, and help our dining areas buy better food. It’s easy — just fill out the meal application below.
Our schools get more money for more eligible forms. Federal, local, and private grant funding is based on the number of eligible meal applications we collect and the only way to collect every eligible application is to collect applications from every student.
Children get better meals. The more eligible forms we collect, the more money Student Nutrition Services (SNS) receives to spend on better food.
Student Nutrition Services (SNS) is now accepting online applications for the 2016-17 school year. Families can apply online at https://schoolmealapp.sfusd.edu; paper applications are also available at schools and at the Student Nutrition central office.
- Meal benefits are awarded for each school year, so any meal benefits from last school year will expire 30 school days after the start of school year. Apply by September 16th to avoid automatic paid status after that date.
- In order to qualify for free meal benefits, families must submit a new application for school year 2016-2017.
- Every household should submit an application – even if just to indicate “not interested.” This information helps SFUSD, too.
- Each year, many families neglect to fill out an application and accrue meal charges.
- Families may reapply for benefits at any time during the school year. Families are especially encouraged to submit a new application if they experience a decrease in household income, become unemployed, have an increase in family size, or qualify for CalWorks, CalFresh, FDPIR
Students new to SFUSD
Until your application is processed, you will need to provide your child(ren) a sack lunch or send money to purchase school meals. Register for MealpayPlus, where you can view your child's meal account history and balance by registering on mypaymentsplus.com.
- Make prepayments
- Monitor the items your child has been purchasing in the cafeteria
- Create settings to automatically replenish your child's account
To create a free account, you must have your child’s student ID number..
Register at www.mypaymentsplus.com.
Facts about school meals
If your family does not qualify for free or reduced mealsYou can still help by filling in your child’s first name, last name, and school, and checking the "Not Interested” box on the meal application. Be sure to sign the form.
If your child doesn’t want school breakfast or lunch
If there is any chance that you qualify for free or reduced price meals, please fill out the form, including income level, to help your school receive more funding.
If you filled out a form last year
Federal Law requires families to fill out a new application every year. School funding is also determined each year based on current forms.
If you or your child is not a citizen or legal U.S. resident
Free and reduced price meals are available for all children regardless of their citizenship status. A Social Security Number is not required.