Student Nutrition Services reached our goal of one million breakfasts this March, a full month earlier compared to the previous year! This accomplishment is a emblematic of SFUSD's work to expand our meal programs, better meet the needs of our students and increase access to nutritious meals. SNS offers breakfast at every SFUSD school we serve, including Breakfast in the Classroom (BIC) at 13 sites. We're gearing up to launch BIC at two additional schools by the end of the school year.
Thank you, SFUSD, for helping us meet this exciting goal!
New in 2016!
We are kicking off the new year with some exciting new additions to the SFUSD menu! Check out the menu each month to see when these dishes are making an appearance in a dining hall near you:
- Calzoni Pizza: Veggie protein "pepperoni" crumble, mozzarella cheese and tomato sauce inside a whole wheat pizza pocket crust. You won't believe it's vegetarian!
- Sweet Garlic Noodles with Chicken: Noodles tossed in a sweet soy-garlic glaze with shredded carrots and braised greens. Topped with savory garlic chicken.
- Popping Wheelies: Turkey wrap "wheels" with a spicy, creamy slaw.
- Baked Mac & Cheese: Pasta noodles baked with a creamy cheddar and tomato sauce, topped with ground beef.
- Hearty Beef Chili: A warm, comforting mix of ground beef, tomatoes and beans, topped with cheddar cheese.
- Turkey Cran Sandwich: Insired by a traditional pairing, this turkey sandwich features a cranberry mayo. Served on whole grain bread.
- Chicken Taco Salad: Shredded romaine lettuce topped with chicken, pico de gallo salsa, black beans and sour cream.
- Hot Tuna Melt: Tuna salad topped with shredded cheddar cheese and baked until melty. Served with our new roasted rosemary potatoes.
- Grilled Turkey Sandwich: Turkey and cheddar sandwich on whole wheat bread, served with our new roasted rosemary potatoes.
Re-envisioning Dining Experience
SFUSD's Future Dining Experience has been working hard to rethink the way that students at SFUSD experience food at school. From redesigned dining areas, to thought leadership on school food innovation, we invite you to follow our effort to develop a financially stable food system that provides fresh, healthy meals to students as they grow.
Join us at the table, on Twitter! @SFUSDSchoolFood