Welcome Back, SFUSD!
Student Nutrition Services is excited for the new 2016-17 school year, and we look forward to bringing SFUSD students even more nutritious meals.
2016-17 Meal Application Forms are here
Thank you for another year of support completing the 2016-17 Meal Application!
The Meal Application is available online in 7 languages. Click the button below to start your application today.
Meal benefits from last school year will expire 30 school days after the start of school year. Apply by September 16th to avoid automatic paid status after that date.
Meal Applications are helpful, important tools for our students and families, as well as SFUSD. By submitting a Meal Application:
- Students can access up to 3 nutritious meals per day, and qualify for free or reduced price meals.
- Families eligible for the meal benefits can also qualify for other programs.
- SFUSD receives more federal, local, and private grant funding, which is based on the total number of eligible Meal Application Forms collected.
Please help us reach our goal of collecting 100% of forms this year!
Students at 54 SFUSD schools can eat breakfast and lunch at no charge
During the 2016-17 school year, 54 schools will participate as Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) sites. Students at these schools are able to eat one breakfast and one lunch each day at no charge, regardless of individual eligibility for school meals.
Students attending CEP schools will fill out a Confidential Family Survey in place of the annual Meal Application. Surveys are distributed through each school.
Visit our Community Eligibility Provision page to learn more!
New Meals in 2016!
We are kicking off the new school year with some exciting additions to meals! Check out the menu each month to see when these dishes are making an appearance in a dining hall near you:
- Garden Ranch Salad with Chicken- Veggies first! Chopped romaine, shredded carrots, grape tomatoes, hard boiled egg, croutons, and just a touch of diced chicken served with a scratch-made yogurt-ranch dressing.
- Baked Mac & Cheese with Sausage Lunch Combo- A classic baked mac and cheese with parmesan and cheddar, topped with melted mozzarella. Served with sweet and smoky chicken sausages.
- BBQ Zing Chicken Sandwich- Antibiotic-free chicken breast dressed with a zesty BBQ sauce and fresh slaw mix, on a whole wheat bun.
Chicken Enchiladas Verdes- Shredded chicken and cheese rolled in whole wheat corn tortillas and covered in a tangy green tomatillo sauce.
Chicken Teriyaki Noodle- Asian flavor-inspired noodles tossed with fresh veggies.
Spinach Salad- Fresh spinach topped with cherry tomatoes, corn, and a hard boiled egg, served with balsamic vinaigrette and toasted whole wheat bread sticks.
Garden Chef's Salad- Fresh Romaine lettuce topped with corn and a hard boiled egg, served with Ranch dressing and toasted whole wheat bread sticks.
SFUSD's Future Dining Experience has been working hard to rethink the way that students at SFUSD experience food at school. From redesigned dining areas, to thought leadership on school food innovation, we invite you to follow our effort to develop a financially stable food system that provides fresh, healthy meals to students as they grow.
Join us at the table, on Twitter! @SFUSDSchoolFood