A.P. Giannini Middle School
School code number: 404
Grade level: 6-8
Hours: 9:10 a.m. - 3:35 p.m.
3151 Ortega Street, San Francisco, CA, 94122
Neighborhood: Outer Sunset
School Loop: apg-sfusd-ca.schoolloop.com
Principal: Tai-Sun Schoeman
- ADA Access Guide
- School Site Emergency Plan
- School Accountability Report Card
- Balanced Score Card
- School Quality Improvement Index report
Discover This School
Located in the Sunset district of San Francisco, A.P. Giannini Middle School (named after the founder of the Bank of America) has maintained a tradition of excellence for over 50 years. The school has a culturally diverse student body of over 1,200 and uses a wide variety of programs to meet student needs.
A.P. Giannini advances the intellectual, social, emotional, and physical development of all its students through a core curriculum of English, math, science, history, physical education, and art in a safe and supportive environment.
School staff recognize the skill level, learning style, and cultural uniqueness of each student and use technology, hands-on activities, and interdisciplinary instruction to enhance teaching, learning, and literacy.
Reaching Every Student's Potential
We are committed to the values of equity and social justice. We make opportunities available to all students, to enable each individual to reach his or her full potential.
- We believe that every student needs to be seen, heard, and treated without social bias. In the classroom, we recognize that learning is social and a lifelong process. These values are passed on to the students.
- Students' contributions in the class are valued by teachers and peers. Each teacher strives to have every student feel a sense of belonging and to feel confident and comfortable in his or her learning.
- We aim to foster a supportive environment. To encourage students, we hold an On-the-Rise Tea event for those improving grades, behavior, attendance, or standardized test scores.
- Our culture of service centers on creating a positive and welcoming environment that partners parents, teachers, and students. Our ongoing promise is to increase communication through a variety of media and venues.
This school is fed by:
School Tours9:45 a.m. on Fridays, starting November until the end of January.
Before-School ProgramsMandarin & Spanish languages offered through contractors
Afterschool ProgramsSunset Neighborhood BEACON Center: 3:35PM - 6:30PM
Special Education Programs
- Designated instructional services
- Resource specialist program
- Mild/moderate separate classes
- Moderate/severe separate classes (cross categorical and autism)
English Plus Pathway
Student Support ProgramsAVID,RTI (Academic/Behavioral), Restorative Circles, LSP, SEL Curriculum (2nd STEP)
AthleticsBaseball/Softball, Basketball, Soccer, Volleyball, Track & Field
Arts and EnrichmentOrchestra, Band, Art, Drama, Choir, Guitar, Multi-Media
School Day Academic Enrichment
Giannini offers a whole range of extracurricular activities/clubs during lunch and after school. Elective choices include: band, orchestra, choir, guitar, art, drama, creative writing, Advancement Via Individual Determination college preparation (AVID), and SF Team.
Safe Passages, wellness center.
Find out more about the various programs at A.P. Giannini Middle School.