If you have received a truancy notification and you believe the attendance data is inaccurate, please follow the following steps to resolve this at your school site.
Steps for families to take after a truancy notification
- Review student attendance in ParentVUE.
- Contact your school attendance or main office secretary if you find any errors.
- If you cannot reach the secretary by telephone, you can also use email, written notes, or school-specific forms (if available) to contact schools to correct inaccurate attendance information.
- If there are absences that should be excused, include the below information in communication to the school:
- Student name (and ID if you know it)
- Grade level
- Homeroom teacher (if known)
- Dates and reasons for absences (Valid excuse reasons)
- If providing a written note, turn it into the secretary in the main office.
- Contact the Student Family School Resource Link if you need additional support after you have contacted your school.