Student Self-Swab Kits
Self-swab test kits from Color are available at school sites for SFUSD students who are:
- Identified as a close contact to a person who tested positive for COVID-19
- Experiencing COVID-19-like symptoms while at school
Students that are between the age of:
- Age 2 to 13: Parent/guardian must create an account, activate the kit, and help collect the sample.
- Age 14 to 18: Student can create their own account, activate kits on their own, but the sample must be collected with adult assistance.
- Age 18 & up: Student can create their own account, activate kits on their own, and collect a sample on their own.
Using the Kit
- Set up a Color account.
- Ask your school site/office for you child’s SFUSD Student Number or find it on ParentVUE.
- Register with Color (you only need to do this once) using the Student Number.
- If you have trouble creating your account, call Color for support at 844-352-6567. If you don't receive the first-time confirmation email, double check the email address to make sure it is correct and check your junk or spam folder.
- If your child’s Student Number does not work, call the Student Family Resource Link for support in adding your child to the Color account file. You will need to give them the student number, your email address (if student is a dependent), and the school they attend
- Collect a sample based on the following timeline. Self-swab kits are for students to use at home. SFUSD staff are not authorized to collect student samples.
- Symptomatic students can use the test kit immediately
- Close contacts:
- Vaccinated students: test on day 5-7 (updated as of Nov. 10, 2021)
- Unvaccinated students: quarantine and test on day 5
- Use the Color test kit. All instructions and materials are included within the kit. Translated instructions are also available.
- Drop off the kit at: