School Reopening Dashboard
SFUSD is preparing our school sites to meet Department of Public Health guidelines. This dashboard provides the status of DPH inspections at SFUSD schools.
Facilities & Operations
SFUSD is ensuring that facilities are prepped for social distancing and for the health and safety of students and staff. View the general COVID-19 school guidance checklist, or view the filled-out checklists for individual schools in the sidebar.
This work includes:
- Assessing school site infrastructure for hybrid learning readiness (ventilation, kitchen, building systems, etc).
- Cleaning and disinfection supplies, staff training, and staff schedules in place.
- Managed circulation plans of students, staff, and family through and across site.
- Installation and repairs necessary for hybrid learning.
- Allocate & distribute PPE
- Install and fill hand sanitizer dispensers
- Arrange and move furniture
- Install signage & decals
- Required signs translated into English, Spanish, simplified Chinese
- Some signs also have Tagalog & Vietnamese
- Check mechanical, electrical, plumbing systems and ensure working condition
- Assess classroom and office ventilation, handwashing sinks
- Determine use and configuration of outdoor/schoolyard spaces
- B&G conducting Building Systems Assessments for all sites, ensure the good working condition of mechanical, electrical, and plumbing
- All Ground Truthing assessments for Elementary Schools completed week of 11/30. Ground Truthing Assessments confirm the presence and functionality of operable windows, handwashing sinks, and other classroom conditions
- Assessments conducted by Facilities Division or DPH DSW staff
- Results in detail will be shared during Partnership Protocol, and summary results shared publicly
- All HVAC systems will be inspected and repaired to ensure good working condition (i.e., functioning as intended)
- All filters older than 6 months will be replaced
- Most filters are MERV 8, residential grade
- Where mechanically feasible and beneficial to room occupants, MERV 13 (hospital grade) filters will be installed
- Classrooms and Offices without functioning operable windows will not be used for In Person Learning or Administrative activities
- Exception: single occupant offices can be used, but no visitors/guests permitted
Updates as of 11/17/20:
- 30 sites have been assessed for functioning building systems and ventilation since this summer, including all Wave 1 sites.
- Next step: Complete assessment of Wave 2 sites by Fall Break and Wave 3 sites by mid-December.
Superintendent Dr. Vincent Matthews and Chief Facilities Officer Dawn Kamalanathan discuss what's happening to prepare school sites to reopen safely.