Testing Options for People with COVID-19 Symptoms and Close Contacts
SFUSD students and staff who are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or are considered a close contact of someone who has a positive COVID test can go to a city-run site for COVID-19 testing.
A close contact is anyone who stayed within 6 feet of someone with COVID-19 for a total of 15 minutes over the course of a day. People should be considered close contacts when there is a reasonable assurance that they spent at least 15 minutes within 6 feet of the infected person during the course of 24 hours. People are not considered close contacts simply because they were in the same group or cohort. Buses will be considered an "outdoor" environment when identifying close contacts if all COVID-19 safety protocols are in place.
COVID-19 Testing Site Information
- Location: parking lot near the Crocker Amazon sports complex, located at 799 Moscow Street and Geneva Street
- Hours: 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. on Tuesdays and Fridays
Walk-ups are encouraged, appointments are not required, and test results will be available within 24 to 48 hours. The SFUSD testing site is located near the club house and can be accessed from Moscow Street.
SFUSD is contracting with Color Health for testing, and the City and County of San Francisco is providing the Crocker Amazon sports complex site.
- Testing is not mandatory. All students will be able to come to school if a family chooses not to have them participate in COVID-19 testing.
- Learn how to register for a Color account
Color's lab uses RT-LAMP technology. LAMP, just like PCR, is a nucleic acid amplification test (NAAT). Color uses LAMP technology because of supply chain robustness and scalability.
You can also view the city's map of additional testing locations.
- Available in 1-4 days
- Will be sent to the email address and phone number used to register
This page was last updated on May 2, 2022