Getting Started Guide
The information below will enable you to connect your Chromebook, laptop, or iPad to your new Orbic hotspot's WiFi network.
- Wi-Fi Name/ SSID: The name that identifies the wireless network.
- Wi-Fi Password: The password that’s needed to connect to theWi-Fi network.
These Steps Will Give You the Information You Need to Connect to Your Hotspot's WiFi Network
- Press and hold the Power button on the front of your Verizon Orbic Speed to turn on the display.
- Press the Menu button on the top of the device twice to navigate to 2.4GHz WiFi Info, or three times to navigate to 5GHzWiFi Info. Then press the Power button to say OK.
- View the following:
- WiFi Name: this is the network name you will find on your Chromebook or computer to access the internet
- Security type (this will always say WPA2)
- Password (next to the lock icon): this is what you’ll enter on your Chromebook or computer to connect to the network.
2.4 GHz WiFi vs 5 GHz WiFi
If you want better range, use 2.4 GHz. If you need higher performance or speed, use the 5 GHz band. 5 GHz has more channels for communication and usually there aren't as many competing devices on the newer band. But by design, 5 GHz can’t reach as far.
This page was last updated on July 1, 2022