About Open Enrollment
The Open Enrollment period begins at 8:00 a.m. on July 6, 2020. Due to COVID-19, our office will not be open for in-person visits.
How to participate in Open Enrollment:
- Set up a time with a counselor by calling 415-241-6085 (8a to 4:30p) or Schedule 1:1 counseling support to learn more about your options.
- A counselor will call you back to help you to review open schools and enroll.
Note: All calls are made in the order the request was received.
What is Open Enrollment?
Open Enrollment is a first-come, first-serve process where students can enroll immediately into a school. This process is ONLY available for schools with open seats and zero pending Wait Pool requests.
When is the Open Enrollment period and how do I participate?
For School Year 2020-21, Open Enrollment starts on July 6, 2020 and continues through September 4.
To participate, parents/guardians must fill out a form with their contact information. When the form is submitted, it will be labeled with the date and time of submission (timestamped). EPC counselors will then call all parents in order of their timestamps to enroll them for school.
What schools will be available in Open Enrollment? Can parents call in to find out about openings?
- Schedule 1:1 counseling support with our team to discuss real-time information on openings.
How do I fill out the Open Enrollment Form?
Please note that this is an online form that can be completed with a computer, smartphone, or tablet.
- If you cannot get online, you can get help with completing this form by calling the EPC at 415-241-6085 from 8:00 AM until 4:30 PM on July 6, 7, and 8. Staff will help you complete the form over the phone.
- There will be no counseling provided over the phone. This is only for help completing the Open Enrollment Form. Once the form is completed, a counselor will call you back in the order it was received.
- All form submissions will receive a timestamp, whether completed online or by phone.
How to translate the form:
Para ver este formulario en otro idioma, haga clic con el botón derecho en cualquier parte del área de color violeta, fuera de los bodes del formulario, y aparecerá un menú que le dará la opción de traducir el formulario a otro idioma.
Để xem mẫu đơn này này bằng ngôn ngữ khác, vui lòng bấm chuột phải vào nhóm màu tím ở bất cứ đâu bên ngoài hộp văn bản trên mẫu đơn, và một menu sẽ bật lên cung cấp cho bạn tùy chọn phiên dịch mẫu đơn sang ngôn ngữ khác.
Para makita ang form na ito sa ibang wika, paki-right click ang purple o kulay lila na espasyo saan mang lugar na nasa labas ng text boxes (kahon na nilalagyan ng teksto) sa form, at pagkatapos, may bigla na lamang lilitaw na menu (mga mapagpipilian) na magbibigay sa inyo ng opsiyon na isalin ang form sa ibang wika.
لمشاهدة هذا النموذج بلغة أخرى، يرجى النقر بزر الماوس الأيمن فوق الحقل الأرجواني في أي مكان خارج مربعات النص في النموذج، وستظهر قائمة منبثقة تمنحك خيار ترجمة النموذج إلى لغة أخرى.
When will EPC counselors call me?
We will call you back in the order of your timestamp within 2 business days.
If I receive an assignment during Open Enrollment, may I still submit a request for another school?
- Yes, if you have another assignment received during Open Enrollment (or during March or May Placement) you may still submit a Wait Pool Request.
- You will keep that assignment, unless you receive another assignment through the Wait Pool assignment run.
Do I need to submit documents for Open Enrollment?
- If you participated in Round 1 or Round 2, then, no; we already have the necessary documents from you.
- If you are new to SFUSD, or have not participated in Round 1 or Round 2, then, yes, we will need documents. You will have the opportunity to submit them after you complete your Open Enrollment Form.
- Families who are unable to submit documents online can ask an EPC counselor for other options when the counselor calls you.
- The documents required are: Parent/Guardian Photo ID, Student Proof of Birth (Birth Certificate or Hospital Record), Proof of Home Address (see acceptable documents here: sfusd.edu/schools/enroll/apply/required-documents)