Our application for the 2021-22 school year is now closed. We will be accepting applications for the 2022-23 school year this fall. Sign up here to get updates and check back here for more information!
Check back here for opportunities to learn more about Pathway to Teaching!
In response to COVID-19, Pathway to Teaching will be able to admit teachers for the 2021-22 school year who have not yet met the basic skills (CBEST) and subject matter competency (CSET) requirements listed below. All teachers will be required to meet the basic skills and subject matter competency requirements in order to earn a preliminary credential. Please reach out to us at email@example.com if you have any questions about this flexibility.
To be eligible to join Pathway to Teaching, you must:
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree or higher from a regionally accredited institution of higher education
- Meet the basic skills requirement by taking the CBEST or fulfilling it through one of these other options no later than April 2, 2021
- Meet the subject matter competency requirement no later than April 2, 2021
- Complete Multiple Subject CSETs I, II, III
- Bilingual Spanish teachers must also complete the Spanish CSET III, or hold a 3-year or higher degree from an institution in a Spanish-speaking country
Candidates for the Spanish Bilingual Authorization must already hold a valid teaching credential with English Learner Authorization (Multiple Subject, Single Subject or Education Specialist) or enter the Pathway program as a dual-enrollment participant and complete the work toward Spanish Bilingual Authorization concurrently with that of the Multiple Subject or Education Specialist program.
To begin teaching as an Intern with Pathway to Teaching, you must:
- Complete Pathway enrollment coursework no later than May 15, 2021
- Meet the US Constitution Requirement no later than May 15, 2021
- Earn a Certificate of Clearance no later than May 15, 2021
- This requires fingerprints and an application to the Commission on Teacher Credentialing. Fingerprints may be completed at the SFUSD central office at 555 Franklin Street.
- Submit a TB risk assessment dated between April 1, 2021 and May 15, 2021
- Successfully complete the seven-week Pathway Pre-Service Preparation program (June-July 2021)
- Secure a full-year teaching position in SFUSD
- Complete all SFUSD Human Resources hiring requirements upon hire, including:
- Fingerprinting at 555 Franklin Street (may be completed at the same time as fingerprints for Certificate of Clearance)
- Onboarding paperwork
SFUSD supports the employment of employees and qualified applicants with disabilities. If you are a qualified applicant or employee who requires a reasonable accommodation please contact Victoria Ramos, ADA Compliance Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.