To complete Pathway to Teaching and earn your Preliminary Credential, you must:
- Meet the observation performance bar through regular evaluations
- Complete the support and supervision hours requirement, through a combination of one-on-one weekly coaching and other professional development:
- 145 hours of general support and supervision
- 45 hours of support and supervision specific to teaching English Learners
- Complete all required coursework.
- Complete a minimum 600 hours of clinical practice
- Pass the Reading Instruction Competence Assessment (RICA)
- Pass the Teacher Performance Assessment (edTPA) (all Multiple Subject teachers, including bilingual teachers)
Please click the links below for more detail about program completion requirements.