Counselor's Advice to Freshman Class
Join your counselor's google classroom! We announce important information regarding A-G requirements, college, ACT/SAT, volunteer opportunities, summer internships and jobs, credit recovery, and more!
Mrs. Hom - Class code: ddx3inn
Mr. Campos - Class code (coming soon!)
Ms. Doyle - Class code (coming soon!)
Ms. Thieu (college and career counselor) - Class code (coming soon!)
- Get to know your counselor! Stop by room 149 to say hi before school, after school, or at lunch.
- Get to know your teachers!
- Get involved in extracurricular activities: sports, clubs, organizations, student government, etc. *It’s the quality of extracurricular activities that matters to colleges, not the quantity. Pick activities that are meaningful and interesting to you and continue to participate in them until the end of high school.
- Get good grades! If you are struggling in a class don't be afraid to ask for help. Talk to your teacher or counselor and attend the after school program in the cafeteria to get free tutoring support.
- Request a copy of your transcript in the Spring. Make up any D or F grades during summer/night school
- Check out the college representative visits on campus!
- Do something meaningful this summer, colleges want to see more than just good grades, they want to see a well rounded individual with leadership experience!