Counselor's Advice to Junior Class
Join your counselor's google classroom! We announce important information regarding A-G requirements, college, ACT/SAT, volunteer opportunities, summer internships and jobs, credit recovery, and more!
Mrs. Rodriguez - Class code (coming soon!)
Mr. Campos - Class codes: AVID: j8d45hl - BA: d2m06p
Ms. Doyle - Class code (coming soon!)
Ms. Thieu (college and career counselor) - Class code (coming soon!)
- Review your transcript and make up any D or F grades in summer/night school
- Start exploring different career and major interest
- Get involved in extracurricular activities: sports, clubs, organizations, student government, etc. *It’s the quality of extracurricular activities that matters to colleges, not the quantity. So pick activities that are meaningful and interesting to you.
- TESTS: See Ms. Thieu in the college and career center (room 149) for a fee waiver for the SAT and ACT!
- Take the PSAT in October. If you score high you will be recognized by the National Merit Scholarship Corporation and may receive a scholarship. This will also prepare you for taking the SAT in your Junior and Senior years. Limited seats are available for juniors to take this test for free. Please talk to your academic counselor if you want to take the PSAT.
- The SAT either in March, May, June, or August
- The ACT in April, June, or July
- The SAT Subject Tests in May or June
- AP Tests are given in May every year