MERITUS COLLEGE FUND
Mission is to empower low-income youth in the Bay Area to complete a four-year college degree and prepare for post-college life by providing a multi-year scholarship ($14,000 in total per scholar), college success advising, and career development supports.
Apply here: www.meritus.org
- Earn a cumulative high school GPA of 3.0 – 3.7 (unweighted).
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Plan to attend a four-year accredited college.
- Demonstrate grit and ambition to achieve success throughout and after college.
- *Please note that Meritus accepts scholars regardless of documentation or citizenship status*
Application Deadline Jan. 11, 2019
TACT SCHOLARSHIP AWARD 2018
TACT Scholarship Committee
3138 Cabrillo Street
San Francisco, CA 94121
The Association of Chinese Teachers (TACT) invites SFUSD Chinese American high school seniors who will graduate in June 2018 to participate in its scholarship program. TACT will award scholarships up to $2000 each to students whose goals will benefit the Chinese American community. Applicants are required to complete an application form and submit it with letters of recommendation and official transcript by February 13, 2018.
Selection Criteria: Semi-finalists will be selected according to the following criteria:
- Community volunteer service
- Minimum cumulative 2.5 GPA (unweighted)
- Participation in school and extracurricular activities
- Demonstrated leadership in school and/or community related activities
- Unusual circumstances, if any (i.e., health or financial need)
Application Requirements: Please enclose all items below in your application packet. Do not include staples or paperclips.
- Completed application (include personal statement)
- Letter of recommendation from a school faculty member (teacher, counselor, or school
- Letter of recommendation from a community person outside of school
- Copy of your high school transcript including Fall 2017 final grades (Spring 2017 transcript
PLUS your Fall 2017 report card is acceptable)
- Completed application packets should be postmarked by Friday, February 9th or hand-delivered no later than 5pm February 13th to the above address. Late or incomplete packets will not be considered. Do not send via Fed Ex or UPS.
Timeline for the 2019 TACT Scholarship Program:
Feb 9 - Postmark deadline for application packet OR
Feb 13 - Hand-deliver deadline for application packet
March 5 - Semi-finalists and other applicants notified
March 17 - Semi-finalists interviewed
March 19 - Scholarship recipients notified
April (TBA) - TACT Awards Banquet in San Francisco
TBA - Introduction of recipients to SFUSD Board of Education
MAISIN SCHOLAR AWARD
The Maisin Scholar Award helps students overcome the financial obstacles that stand in between them and their pursuits of higher education. The Maisin Scholar Award provides:
- Financial support
- Academic and career counseling
- Internships and professional development opportunities
- Encouragement and direction
- Community and peer support
For more info and application, click here: http://sfedfund.org/programs/maisin-scholar-award-program/overview-faq/
- Graduate from an SFUSD high school in the 2017-2018 academic year
- Cumulative 2.0 - 3.5 GPA (unweighted)
- Demonstrate financial need
- Attend an accredited community college, four-year college or vocational training program Fall 2018
- Proven commitment to education and career goals
Application deadline: TBD - Available November 1st
- Sites for African American Students
- Sites for Latino Students
- Sites for Italian Students