When & Where
A.P. Giannini’s promotion ceremony is scheduled for:
- Monday, June 3, 2019
- 1:00 - 3:00 p.m.
- Abraham Lincoln High School’s auditorium.
Length: The ceremony should take ~2 hours.
Tickets: The family of each student being promoted will receive two (2) admission tickets to the promotion. Tickets will be distributed to students 1 week prior to the promotion ceremony.
Extra Space: There will be a waiting line for additional guests but we encourage families to try to keep additional guests to a minimum as space in Lincoln's auditorium is tight.
Auditorium Rules: Lincoln prohibits balloons, flowers and noise makers from being brought into the auditorium. All such items will be need to left in the auditorium lobby.
Participation: All 8th grade students are invited to participate in promotion unless they have been advised otherwise by Giannini’s Dean, 8th grade counselor or Principals due to grades, attendance and/or behavior.
Attendance: On the day of promotion, 8th grade students are not to come to A.P. Giannini. Students will meet Giannini staff at 12:15 pm at Lincoln before the ceremony.
A.P. Giannini’s promotion ceremony does not have are caps, gowns, or prescribed uniforms.
As promotion is a school event, 8th grade students are expected to dress in school appropriate clothing for the ceremony. As defined in SFUSD’s Student and Family Handbook (page 52):
- No garments where the torso is exposed, such as tube tops, half shirts, halters.
- No garments where the entire thigh is exposed, such as micro minis or short shorts.
- No sagging pants where undergarment is exposed.
- Formality: No bathing suits or cut-offs.
- Themes: No clothing, buttons or carrying items that are obscene, sexual, gang-related, or tobacco/alcohol/controlled substance related.