IT'S EASY TO GET INVOLVED!
There are many ways to volunteer at DFES. What is your passion? What can you do? Let us know! (who they call/email?)
Below are some ways you can help.
There are may events/activities that need volunteers:
- The "Seeds of Success" Annual Giving Campaign
- The "Seeds of Success" Walk-a-thon and Field Day (October)
- The "Seeds of Success" Auction (March)
- Other fundraising talents, such as grant writing or other.
- DFES public website (www.dfes-k5.org) and/or School Pages (DFES secure, internal website) content management/maintenance
- Tuesday mornings (8-9 am): help with weekly school communication distribution
- General technology support (hardware, networking, maintenance, Multipurpose Room sound system, etc.)
- Graphic design expertise; large printer (at home/work) for posters/signs, promoting events
- Photography: take pictures in classroom settings and at events for use in our promotional materials
- Marketing, writing: Help with website, tour materials, etc.
Community Events/Community Participation
- Help coordinating community events (family dinner nights, staff appreciation, etc.)
- School Tours (for prospective new families)
- Volunteering in library, classrooms, main office
- Being a Room Parent
- Lunchtime assistance - help watching kids, directing activities on the yard
- Food - help cater and/or organize food portion at DFES events
- Legislative/advocacy - learn about important legislative issues locally, in Sacramento and nationally and inform DFES community about key issues
- Misc./something to do at home: stuffing envelopes, applying stickers, sorting, etc.