In-person Graduation is Wednesday, June 2, 3-4pm
for December 2020, June 2021, & Summer 2021 Graduates
Congratulations on your student graduating this year! We look forward to celebrating and honoring all our graduates at the 2021 Downtown High School Commencement Ceremony. The details are as follows:
Date: Wednesday, June 2nd
Ceremony Time: 3:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Entry Time: 2:30 p.m.
Place: McAteer Field, 555 Portola Drive
Graduation Guest Agreements
Downtown High School, the City, and SFUSD worked hard to make this event a joyful, memorable, and safe experience; therefore, we respectfully request that all guests adhere to the following expectations.
- 4 guests per student. Tickets are non-transferable. Seating is preassigned.
- All guests must be in the same household.
- All attendees (students, guests, staff, vendors, etc.) must wear a mask at all times.
- No food or drink allowed except water.
- No confetti, balloons, beach balls, or noisemakers due to public health regulations.
- Exit as soon as the ceremony is over so we can prepare for the next graduation.
- No congregating in or around the venue will be allowed.
Picking Up Caps & Gowns, Invitations & Senior Portraits
By appointment only starting May 19th through June 1st - call 415-695-5860.
Mornings: 8:30 a.m. and 11:45 a.m.
Afternoons: 1:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
The school entrance is at 693 Vermont Street between 18th and 19th Streets.
Diploma Distribution & Technology Return
Students must return hotspots and Chromebooks to receive their diploma.
- Students who return their technology prior to June 2nd will receive their diploma at the graduation ceremony.
- Students can return their technology and pick up their diploma at the school on June 3rd and 4th between 8:30 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
Device Distribution on Site Daily
Please call the school in advance to reserve your device at 415-695-5860.
Instructional Calendar Spring 2021
January 5 Opening of School Assembly - Project Selection
January 6 Orientation to Services/Supports, Project Selection
January 7 First day of class
January 8 Distribution Day
January 18 Martin Luther King Day (Holiday)
January 21 Open House @ 5:30 p.m.
January 28 Financial Aid Workshop @ 5:30 p.m.
February 12 Lunar New Year Observance (Schools and EES closed)
February 15 Presidents Day Observance (Holiday)
February 18&19 Guardian/Student/Teacher Conferences for 4th Hexamester
February 22 First day of Hexamester 5
March 29-Apr 2 Spring Break
March 29 Cesar Chavez Day Observance (Schools and EES closed)
April 12 Week of Student/Teacher Conferences
April 19 First day of Hexamester 6
April 22 Orientation for In Person Learning - Focal Students Only
April 26 In-person learning starts for focal students
May 27-June 1 Guardian/Student/Teacher Conferences for 6th Hexamester
May 31 Memorial Day (Holiday)
June 2 Last Day of Instruction; Graduation Ceremony 3-4pm at McAteer HS
Instructional Calendar Fall 2020
September 3 Back to School Night
September 17, 5:30pm SSC Meeting
September 24 and 25 Caregiver / Student / Teacher conferences
September 25 End of Hexamester 1
September 28 Start of Hexamester 2
October 12 NO SCHOOL - Indigenous People's Day
October 15, 4:30pm SSC Meeting
November 2-6 Student Teacher Conferences
November 6 End of Hexamester 2
November 9 Start of Hexamester 3
November 11 NO SCHOOL - Veteran's Day
November 19, 4:30pm SSC Meeting
November 23-27 NO SCHOOL - Thanksgiving Recess
December 18 End of Hexamester 3
December 19 - January 3 NO SCHOOL - Winter Break