School Site Council Purpose
A School Site Council (SSC) must be established at all San Francisco Unified School District public schools. The elected members represent parents, students, community members, and school staff in school governance. The SSC is responsible for the development the Academic Plan, and overall school site budget including any categorical funds. The SSC is expected to:
- Review the SFUSD Strategic Plan: Transform Learning. Transform Lives.
- Review and analyze student data.
- Solicit community input and develop a needs assessment.
- Assist the principal in developing the BSC/SPSA and school site budget.
- Monitor the implementation and effectiveness of the BSC/SPSA on an ongoing basis.
- Approve the Academic Plan and school site budget before it is submitted to the District for final review and approval.
School Site Council Meeting Calendar
The next School Site Council Meeting for 2019-2020 will be in September. A confirmed date will be coming soon.
SFUSD & School Planning Timeline