What are you doing this summer?
Power Scholars Academy (PSA) is the Marina Beacon summer program, run by the Presisio Y. PSA includes daily practice in reading and math to prevent summer learning loss, as well as art, fitness, exciting clubs, and fun field trips!
- Who: Open to rising 6th-9th graders of any middle school. Marina MS students have priority.
- When: June 10-July 19 (no program July 4), 9am-3:30pm (optional breakfast from 8-9am).
- Cost: Free for all families!
- Where: Galileo High School
- What: A fun, academic-focused summer adventure!
- Registration: now open
- For more information: please contact the Marina Beacon Center: call 415-351-318 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or drop by Room 124 at Marina
Power Scholars Academy: daily schedule
8-9am Breakfast & Community Time (optional)
9:00-12:00pm Math and Language Arts instruction (90 minutes each)
12:00-1:00 lunch & recreation
1:00-3:30 Enrichment clubs (may include: Art, STEM, Music, Health and Physical Fitness, or other activities proposed by youth)
All-day field trips (includes locations such as the Exploratorium, Academy of Sciences, art museums, local parks, or the beach)
Without intervention, most students lose two months of learning over the summer.
On average, Power Scholar students experienced a month’s worth of academic growth in both Math and Reading - a net gain of three months.
96% of parents reported that their students enjoyed the Power Scholars experience.
85% of parents reported an increase in their student's ability to overcome challenges.