I hope this finds you well and that you are enjoying this amazing weather! I am sure your child spoiled you for Mother’s Day.
We are enjoying being back to school in person. The kids seem so happy to be back and they truly have been a joy.
Please remember to do the Covid screening with your child each morning before you leave home. If your child is not feeling well, it is better for them to stay home. When your child arrives to campus they will be screened by staff again.
Hoy there will be a mobile clinic to do Covid testing for your child if you have registered. The mobile clinic will be available from 8 AM to 4PM. You may register on line or in person.
Students are taking the state required English proficiency test right now and testing will continue for the remainder of the month.
Last week was Teacher Appreciation week but at MEC we seem to do it for a month or so. Please take the opportunity this month to celebrate your child’s teacher(s) with your child.
As the year winds down, we will send you more information about how we will celebrate the end of the year. It has been quite and experience and I think we should celebrate how much we have learned and a most unusual/unforgettable school year. The last day of classes is June 2.
Please contact Ms. Nayeli to sign up for our summer program if you are interested. The mornings will be focused on academics and the afternoons will be recreational. Summer program runs from June 14-July 26,2021.
Friday is MEC t-shirt day! Show your school spirit!!!!!
Have a great week!
Carla Vasquez, Principal
Mission Education Center
Questions to ask before coming to school
- Has your child/you tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 10 days?
- Has your child/have you been in close contact* with anyone with COVID-19 in the past 14 days?
- Has your child/you had any of the following in the past 24 hours?
- Fever 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit or higher
- Sore throat
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Loss of taste or smell in the past 10 days
- If a student is home in isolation for 10 days due to symptoms, they do NOT need a dr note to return after the 10 days. They only need a dr note if they want to return before the 10 days are up.
- If a student is home in isolation or quarantine, a COVID test is encouraged but not required to return to school.
- If a student is home in isolation or quarantine, parents must (are expected to) call the principal to confirm it is ok to return. School phone numer 415-695-5313.
Financial Support for Families
The second round for financial aid for families is coming soon. Please contact Ms. Adelina 415-590-9816 to fill out the referral.
National School Nurse Day
Congratulations to our nurse Lisa on her day, thank you for all your hard work and support for our community. Have a wonderful day.
School Climate Survey
Thank you to the families, students, and school staff for completing the School Culture Climate survey. The total of everyone who completed the survey across the school district was: 99% of families, 100% of school staff, and 94% of students across the school district. We will share the results from the same. YES, si pudimos!
You can contact our support staff for help with connecting to community services.