JCYC Cash for College
The Japanese Community Youth Council (JCYC) is a non-profit, youth development community organization based in San Francisco.
We connect historically underserved youth from local public schools throughout San Francisco and Daly City with free, comprehensive and culturally competent college access services. We serve 3,000+ youth every year, and 77% of our participants are low-income and first in their families to attend college.
All Cash for College's are public events so if a student/parent/guardian cannot make the Cash for College at their school site, then they can attend a different event.
Please select your desired language:
The Western Digital Scholarship
The Western Digital Scholarship awards up to 400, one-time scholarships per year. Eligibility:
- Undergraduate student enrolled (or to be enrolled) on a full-time basis at an accredited four-year college or university
- Majoring in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or Science in a B.S. program only; Minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale or equivalent
- Demonstrated financial need or hardship; Traditionally underrepresented populations in the STEM disciplines, including females and individuals of African-American or Latino descent.
Deadline: 11:59PM PST on April 3, 2019
CGCS-Bernard Harris Math & Science Scholarship
Four (4) scholarships, with a value of $5,000 each, are awarded every year to two African American and two Hispanic senior students . Applicants must be:
- accepted for full‐time enrollment at a four year college/university in the next academic year
- pursuing a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM).
Deadline: April 12, 2019
The Filipinx Scholarship
The Filipinx Scholarship was setup to as a celebration of recent graduates and a consistent support provided by the Filipinx educators and larger community.
Must have a 3.0+ GPA
Deadline: April 15, 2019 12pm