Details, Dates, & Forms
Applications for the 2021-22 school will be accepted beginning October 16, 2020.
How do I begin?
Print and complete the following application materials and begin work on your portfolio (if required):
- Application Form
- Student Essay (1 - 2 pages) In your own voice tell us "how art has shaped your world view". Be specific regarding the department you are applying to.
- Recommendation Form Ask an art teacher, or anyone who can speak to your artistic potential, to complete and return to you. They may choose to seal the recommendation in an envelope and sign it across the back, or simply return it to you. Do it early!
- Portfolio - ONLY if applying to: Architecture + Design, Creative Writing, Media and Film Art, Spoken Arts, Technical Theater, or Visual Art.
Please note: All Asawa SOTA application materials must be delivered before the Dec. 11, 2020 3:30pm deadline.
Mark these these important dates and deadlines in your calendar:
- School Tour Dates: TBD
- Tour Location: TBD
- Asawa SOTA application and portfolio deadline: Friday, December 11, 2020.
- SFUSD application deadline: Friday, January 15, 2021
- Audition dates: Saturday, February (date/time TBD
- Audition results (via email): March 2021
- SFUSD assignment letters mailed: March 2021
- Registration deadline: April 2021