Two students by wind turbine

SFUSD Enrollment Fair at O’Connell High School.

9 a.m. - 2 p.m., 2355 Folsom Street


Enrollment fair details

How to Apply

  1. Prepare your documents Families applying for TK or kindergarten and families who are new to SFUSD should gather the following documents and be prepared to submit them with their application. For current SFUSD parents/guardians who haven’t changed their home address, only photo identification is required. If the home address has changed, parents/guardians must provide one proof of address and photo identification.

  2. Complete the application Applications for 2019-20 are available at the Educational Placement Center or at any SFUSD school. You can also download and print the application. Please complete all sections of the application. Incomplete applications cannot be processed as on time. Remember to sign the application to verify that the information provided is accurate. Applications should list the schools and programs where your child wants to enroll in order of preference. Students can request any SFUSD school within their grade level. There is no limit to the number of schools that students can request.

  3. Submit the application If you are a student who is new to SFUSD, submit your application at the Education Placement Center.
    If you are a student applying for a non-transitional grade, meaning 1-5, 7-8 or 10-12, submit your application at the Educational Placement Center.
    If you are transferring schools within SFUSD, submit your application at the Educational Placement Center.
    If you are applying for kindergarten and have an older sibling currently attending an SFUSD elementary school, submit your application at the sibling's SFUSD school.

  4. Schedule language assessments if needed Students who speak a language other than English and list a Dual Language Pathway as a school choice may be assessed for their current language skills to evaluate their proficiency in the pathway language. Students who list only English on the Home Language Survey may also be assessed if requested by parent.    Parents/guardians should submit their child’s enrollment application early to meet with an EPC counselor and complete the necessary assessments. More information on assessments can be found in English Learners: How to Apply

Teacher helping elementary school student with class work

Need help?

Come to the Educational Placement Center to speak with a counselor if you need help with your application.

555 Franklin Street, Room 100
San Francisco, CA 94102
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

Phone: 415-241-6085
Fax: 415-241-6087

Application Collection Sites

You can submit you child's application at any of these Sites: 

Educational Placement Center,

555 Franklin Street, Room 100, San Francisco, CA 94102: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm*


School Sites:

  • West Portal Elementary School, 5 Lenox Way, 94127: Thursday, January 9th, 2020: 4:00 pm-7:00 pm
  • Sutro Elementary School: 235 12th Ave, San Francisco, CA 94118: Monday January 13th: 4:00pm-7:00pm
  • Daniel Webster Elementary School:465 Missouri St.,94107: Wednesday, January 15th, 2020: 4:00pm-7:00 pm
  • Leola Havard Early Education School, 1250 Oakdale Ave., Room 30, 94124:  8:30 am-4:30 pm*

*Education Placement Center & Leola Havard Early Education School are (Open throughout the school year)