Apply for the Current School Year 2019-20

How to apply for current school year 2019-20?

1. Come to the Educational Placement Center (EPC) to find out which schools have openings

We are located at 555 Franklin Street, Room 100, San Francisco, CA 94102. Our office hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. No appointment is necessary.

2. Provide documentation 

Families who are new to SFUSD should bring the following documents:

  • A completed enrollment application (downloadable here)
  • Parent/Guardian’s picture ID
  • Student’s proof of birth: Birth Certificate or Hospital record (if the document does not contain the Parent/Guardian name, additional guardianship verification is required)
  • One (1) proof of home address (see below for a list of acceptable proofs of home address)
  • High school transcript (for high school students only)

3. Meet with a placement counselor 

One of the placement counselors will help identify the schools with openings and assign the student to a school.  An enrollment packet will be prepared for the family to bring to the assigned school to register with three days.

Acceptable Proofs of Home Address:

Proof of home address must be original and include the name and address of the parent or guardian.

  • Utility service contract, statement or payment receipts; from agencies such as PG&E, water, cable, or garbage within 45 days (no cell phone bills or bank statements will be accepted)
  • Both automobile registration and auto insurance policy (declarations page), must be current (count as one proof)
  • Homeowner’s or renter’s insurance policy, must be current
  • Property tax statement, must be current assessment year.
  • Correspondence from a government agency within 45 days
  • Grant deed, title of property
  • Rental property contract, lease, or payment receipts within 45 days
  • Section 8 agreements, must be current
  • Affidavit of residency executed by the parent or legal guardian of a pupil
  • Pay stubs, within 45 days
  • Voter registration, must be current

    Sorry, we cannot accept cell phone bills or bank statements as proof of address.

    Immunization Records

    Immunization records are not required for application submission, but are required at the time of school enrollment. Learn more about the health requirements to enroll in school.