Documents Needed to Apply
To apply for school, the parent or guardian of the student must bring the following documents in person to the Educational Placement Center (EPC). We are located at 555 Franklin Street, Room 100, San Francisco, CA 94102. EPC is open Monday through Friday, from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm.
- Completed application form
- Parent/Guardian’s Picture ID
- Student’s Proof of birth: Birth Certificate or Hospital record (If the document does not contain the Parent/Guardian name, additional guardianship verification is required)
- One (1) proof of home address (see below for a list of acceptable proofs of home address)
- High school transcript (for students currently enrolled in a non-SFUSD high school looking to transfer to SFUSD for the current school year)
Acceptable Proofs of Home Address:
Proof of home address must be original and include the name and address of the parent or guardian.
- Utility service contract, statement or payment receipts; from agencies such as PG&E, water, cable, or garbage within 45 days (no cell phone bills or bank statements will be accepted)
- Both automobile registration and auto insurance policy (declarations page), must be current (count as one proof)
- Homeowner’s or renter’s insurance policy, must be current
- Property tax statement, must be current assessment year.
- Correspondence from a government agency within 45 days
- Grant deed, title of property
- Rental property contract, lease, or payment receipts within 45 days
- Section 8 agreements, must be current
- Affidavit of residency executed by the parent or legal guardian of a pupil
- Pay stubs, within 45 days
- Voter registration, must be current
Sorry, we cannot accept cell phone bills or bank statements as proof of address.