Lowell Admissions policy for 2023-24 school year
For the 2023-24 school year, admissions at Lowell High School will be based on academic criteria as outlined in the Lowell Admissions Policy.
Key Lowell Application Dates
|October 22, 2022||ParentVUE/online and PDF/paper applications available|
|December 16, 2022 at 3pm||Applications are due|
|Week of March 20, 2023||Applicants will be notified by mail and on ParentVue of the student’s assignment for 2023-2024.|
|April 7, 2023||Deadline for Parents/Legal Guardians to respond to the assignment offer.|
Students who apply to Lowell must reside in San Francisco with a parent/legal guardian at the time of application, and continue to live in San Francisco while attending Lowell. Interdistrict permits are not allowed for admission to Lowell. Any application with falsified information will be canceled.
Lowell Admission Criteria
|The Applicants grades from the entire 7th grade and the first semester of 8th grade will be considered.
The subjects considered are English, Math, Social Studies, Science, and World Language.
January 7, 2023, 8:30 am
January 11, 2023, 6:00 pm
Students who did not take the CAASPP (SBAC) test in the spring of 7th grade must take the Lowell admission test.
Results of the Spring 2022 SBAC test will be used for all other applicants.
Students who have taken the SBAC, may not take the Lowell admission test.
Band 2 & 3
|All schools with applicants will administer the essay to their applicants at school during January 2023.|
Applicant’s activities and personal qualities
|Information and documentation from the Lowell supplemental application will be considered.|
How to Apply
Ways to Apply
- Online application through ParentVue
- Downloadable/fillable PDF SFUSD Enrollment App + Lowell supplemental application will be available at www.sfusd.edu/enroll and can be emailed to Enrollinschool@sfsud.edu
- Hardcopy paper application – SFUSD Enrollment application + the Lowell supplemental application must be submitted together to EPC or to the student’s current SFUSD school. Paper applications will be available in the Lobby and Room 100 at 555 Franklin Street and at the EPC Southeast office at 1520 Oakdale Avenue.
- All Applicants - parent/legal guardian must provide a picture I.D.
- Current SFUSD 8th grade students (excluding SFUSD Charter school students): If the student’s address has recently changed or is not correct in the district’s records, one current verification of address must accompany the applications. Please refer to the Enrollment Application instructions for acceptable documents.
- Non-SFUSD or Charter school students: One document verifying the student’s date of birth and one document verifying the address of the parent/legal guardian must accompany the applications. Please refer to the Enrollment Application instructions for acceptable documents.
- All Applicants: Any documentation you wish to attach to the application pertaining to extracurricular activities, extenuating circumstances, or demonstrated ability to overcome hardship. Please bring photocopies of these documents if submitting by paper. Be prepared to email or upload scans or clear pictures of documents if applying by email or Online.
For More Information
About the School
Lowell High School
1101 Eucalyptus Drive
San Francisco, CA 94132
This page was last updated on July 14, 2022