Support During the Enrollment Fair - Talk to a live person
If you are experiencing technical difficulties or have other questions about the enrollment fair, please visit our Information Room for help. Staff speak English, Cantonese, Mandarin, and Spanish.
The Information Room is open during these hours:
- Friday, November 6: 9:30 am - 12:30 pm and 2:30 pm - 5:30 pm
- Saturday, November 7: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
- Monday, November 9 through Friday, November 13 (closed Wednesday, November 11 for Veterans Day): 9:30 am - 12:30 pm and 2:30 pm - 5:30 pm
You can visit the Information Room by video or phone:
English | Chinese
- Join by video: meet.google.com/mox-nbhj-eae
- Join by phone: +1 302-317-1820 PIN: 470 464 433#
English | Spanish
- Join by video: meet.google.com/cod-wbyo-vwy
- Join by phone: +1 505-445-7221 PIN: 345 509 081#
Enrollment Counseling Room
If you have questions about enrolling in school next year, you can talk to an enrollment counselor in our Enrollment Counseling Room. These are open Monday, November 9 through Friday, November 13 (closed Wednesday, November 11 for Veterans Day) from 12 pm - 1pm and 3pm - 4pm.
You can join an English, Chinese, Spanish, or Special Education Counseling Room by video or phone:
- Join by video: meet.google.com/bdw-zprn-uoa
- Join by phone: +1 347-437-2870 PIN: 753 631 538#
Cantonese and Mandarin
- Join by video: meet.google.com/hch-bioq-ctb
- Join by phone: +1 415-798-8550 PIN: 396 014 956#
- Join by video: meet.google.com/erp-kejk-bcf
- Join by phone: +1 337-541-2354 PIN: 777 929 930#
Special Education (English/Spanish)
- Join by video: meet.google.com/bxy-kftz-ufb
- Join by phone: +1 662-472-1428 PIN: 285 436 547#
How to use these rooms
The rooms provide help and support on a first-come, first-served basis.
- If joining by video, please ask out loud or type your question in the chat window once you enter.
- If joining by phone, please let staff know you are there.
If there are other people in the room before you, please type your name in the chat window and you will be added to a queue to receive support. If you are joining by phone, please let staff know you are there, and they will serve you in the order that you arrived.
Rules of Conduct
SFUSD staff has the right to remove any participants who are:
- Using profanity
- Using derogatory epithets
- Causing general disturbance
Organizations Supporting Students and Families
There are many great organizations in SFUSD and across the city supporting and advocating for students and families. Please visit the Partners Organizations page to learn more.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I join a workshop?
Most workshops will be livestreamed on SFUSD’s YouTube Channel or Facebook Live. A few minutes before the scheduled workshop time, click on the YouTube or Facebook Live link and you will be automatically connected to the livestream of the current workshop. See a schedule of all workshops.
Exceptions are these workshops, which will be hosted on Zoom:
- Language Programs (Spanish) and Language Programs (Cantonese) on Saturday, November 7 at 11am
- Parent Coffee Chats on Saturday, November 7 at 12pm
- How to Apply: ParentVUE and Online Applications on Saturday, November 7 at 2pm
Zoom links for these workshops will be posted on the Workshops page starting November 4.
How do I ask questions during a workshop?
Workshops broadcasted on Youtube Live and Facebook Live will use Thoughtexchange for audience questions. Here's how to use Thoughtexchange.
Workshops hosted on Zoom will use the Zoom in-app features like Chat for audience questions.
How do I join a school town hall?
All school town halls will be hosted on Zoom. Families can join by video or by phone. Video links and phone numbers for each school’s town hall will be available starting November 4 on the School Town Halls page.
Interpretation and ADA Services
Interpretation for workshops
Interpretation for workshops will be provided by phone. Please use the following phone number and PIN 5 minutes before a workshop starts. (Keep these numbers handy. These numbers will also be displayed on the screen at the start of each workshop.) You will be connected to an interpreter who will translate the workshop.
For workshops taking place on Friday, November 6 and Saturday, November 7 (except for “How to Apply: ParentVUE and Online Applications”). See the full Workshop schedule.
- Arabic: 1 615-952-0708 PIN: 528 329 183#
- Chinese: 1 732-765-2092 PIN: 336 037 429#
- Samoan: 1 570-900-2619 PIN: 921 679 271#
- Spanish: 1 336-904-9301 PIN: 829 942 337#
- Tagalog: 1 470-236-1499 PIN: 164 333 140#
- Vietnamese: 1 216-370-3489 PIN: 673 540 953#
For “How to Apply: ParentVUE and Online Applications” taking place on Saturday, November 7 at 2 pm.
- Arabic: 1 716-262-8161 PIN: 261 574 388#
- Chinese: 1 929-277-6553 PIN: 727 063 121#
- Samoan: 1 732-858-6115 PIN: 881 779 039#
- Spanish: 1 650-517-6923 PIN: 570 238 422#
- Tagalog: 1 209-862-8197 PIN: 988 536 667#
- Vietnamese: 1 609-459-3012 PIN: 378 670 450#
Interpretation for school town halls
Many schools will have their own staff to interpret for the school town halls. Schools may also host one of their town halls in Spanish, Cantonese/Mandarin, or another language. Please see the School Town Halls schedule to find which sessions are hosted in another language.
If schools do not provide interpretation and you need to ask a question, families can request interpretation through a service called LanguageLine. This service is for the school town halls only. Here are the steps:
- Dial 1-866-874-3972
- Enter 6-digit Client ID: 5 1 5 1 5 6
- Press 1 for Spanish
- Press 2 for all other languages and speak the name of the language you need at the prompt.
- Enter your PIN # 179179
- Let the interpreter know that you are a parent and at the Virtual Enrollment Fair. You need interpretation support to communicate with the principal and school staff.
If you are having trouble calling LanguageLine, use Zoom’s chat feature or speak up and ask a school staff in the town hall to call for you.
Once you have confirmed an interpreter on the phone with you, hold your phone close to your computer speakers so that the interpreter can hear what's being said in the town hall.
ADA services for workshops
You can request American Sign Language (ASL) or English closed captions for any of the workshops. ASL and closed captions will be automatically displayed on the workshop broadcast. Please request this service by November 3 using the Registration Form (English | 中文 | Español | Tagalog | Tiếng Việt | عربى | Samoan).
ADA services for school town halls
If families request ADA services, schools can host one session of their town hall where American Sign Language or English closed captions are provided. Please see the School Town Halls schedules to find which sessions provide this service. American Sign Language will be abbreviated as “ASL” and English closed captions as “CC”. Please request this service by November 3 using the Registration Form (English | 中文 | Español | Tagalog | Tiếng Việt | عربى | Samoan).
Planning for the Enrollment Fair
Tips on Choosing Schools
5 tips on choosing schools that fit your family's needs. Read the article.
School Comparison Charts
Charts that list schools by their hours, after/beforeschool care, language programs, special education services, bus service, and uniforms required, plus map. Excerpted from the 2021-22 Enrollment Guide (information accurate as of August 2020. For the most up-to-date information, visit each school's individual websites).
School Comparison Charts (PDFs)
- PreK (English | Español | Chinese | Tagalog | Vietnamese | Arabic)
- TK (English | Español | Chinese | Tagalog | Vietnamese | Arabic)
- ES (English | Español | Chinese | Tagalog | Vietnamese | Arabic)
- MS (English | Español | Chinese | Tagalog | Vietnamese | Arabic)
- HS (English | Español | Chinese | Tagalog | Vietnamese | Arabic)