Applying for the Wait Pool
Whether you participated in any prior period (March Placement or May Placement), any student may choose to take part in SFUSD's wait pool process.
What is a wait pool?
- A wait pool is a set of students that are applying for a particular school.
- Once all applications are received for each school, SFUSD conducts an assignment run and applies tiebreakers to assign students to any open seats.
- A wait pool is not a wait list (i.e., it does not assign students on a first come, first serve basis).
- SFUSD will post the number of wait pool requests by school on July 2, 2020 and August 14, 2020.
How do I apply for a wait pool?
- A wait pool request is an application to a single school.
- SFUSD will start to accept wait pool requests from June 15, 2020 through August 12, 2020.
- Guidance and instructions on how to submit a wait pool application will be provided on this page in June.
- A family may change that request before the deadline.
- Schedule 1:1 counseling support
How and when do I find out if I got my wait pool request?
- Between August 17 to September 4, 2020, SFUSD will begin to notify families if and when they receive an assignment to their wait pool school.
- More details will be available closer to August.