Enrolling Foreign Exchange Students

Students with J1 Visas

Approved J1 student exchange organizations must contact the SFUSD Educational Placement Center (EPC) when requesting placement of a foreign exchange student.

J1 visas are issued to students attending cultural and educational exchange opportunities in the United States through programs overseen by the U.S. State Department. J1 students will be assigned to an SFUSD school if space is available.

Students with F1 Visas

SFUSD does not participate or issue the federal Student Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) I-20 form for potential F1 students (international students with an F1 visa attending an academic program or English Language Program at a school in the United States).