Bus Information Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Updated February 2, 2021
My child rides the bus. What should I expect for transportation?
Bus drop off zones will continue in their standard location because white zones are required for student safety.
Before Riding the School Bus
- Caregivers will be asked to screen students before leaving for school, and symptomatic students may not ride the school bus.
- All students and adults will be asked to wash or sanitize their hands before riding the bus.
Riding the School Bus
- All passengers will be required to wear a mask or face covering while on the bus unless they are specifically exempted from wearing face coverings, e.g., people with a medical condition, mental health condition, or disability that prevents them from wearing a face covering.
- Drivers will be required to wear face coverings that cover the nose and mouth at all times when communicating with families and assisting in the loading or unloading of students. Drivers will not be required to wear a face covering while driving if they wear glasses and it interferes with their vision.
Social Distancing Guidelines While Riding the Bus
- Students will be asked to maintain at least 6-foot distance from each other while waiting for the bus.
- Students will be asked to sit next to the window, with only one rider per row, unless they are family members living in the same household.
- Drivers will load the bus from the back to the front, and unload front to back making sure that students do not have to walk past each other as they get on and off the bus.
Ventilation & Bus Cleaning
- Windows will be open to promote air circulation, as weather and safety permits, and students will be advised to dress accordingly.
- Buses will be stocked with disinfectant wipes, disposable gloves, and extra face coverings.
- Bus drivers will perform a general walkthrough, disinfecting high touch areas, after each run.
- Buses will be cleaned once at the end of the day when passengers are not present with Signet Neutral Disinfectant DS1.