Is the EPC open?
We are closed to the public for in-person assistance. However, we are providing virtual (phone, email) support to families from Monday to Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
To contact us, please visit our Contact Us page.
I'm new to SFUSD. How do I enroll for school?
Can SFUSD allow me to defer my assignment or hold my seat for next year?
- No. If a family decides to withdraw their student, their seat will become open for School Year 2020-21.
- SFUSD will not hold a family’s seat for School Year 2021-22, whether it is for the same grade (e.g., incoming K who wants to stay in PK), or if it is for the next grade (e.g., homeschooling or private for 1 year).
- If families choose to not have their child participate in SFUSD distance learning this fall, the school district will not be able to hold their child’s school placement.
Will there be a wait pool for School Year 2020-21?
Yes. There will be an August wait pool for School Year 2020-21.
Will I be dropped from my school if I don't attend when school starts on August 17th?
- Students will be dropped for their school if they not attend within 10 days of the start of school ("no-shows"). The regular practice is to drop students after 3 days, but in light of schools opening with distance learning, this will be extended to 10 days. This allows families extra time to get situated, and for schools to adequately account for missing students.
- Before dropping a student, all schools will make efforts to contact families to confirm their status during the first week. Students with IEPs will not be dropped.
- If you were dropped for a no-show after 10 days and need assistance, please contact the EPC.