Skip to main content
- All persons entering the building or campus will be asked about symptoms of COVID-19 and exposure to COVID-19. Emergency personnel responding to a 9-1-1 call are exempted.
- Anyone who answers “yes” to any of the health screening questions will not be allowed on campus. If symptoms develop while at school, isolation protocols will be followed and the student will be sent home as soon as possible.
Small, Stable Cohorts
- Each cohort will have the same students and staff each day, stay together for all activities, and avoid contact with people outside the cohort. This practice lowers the risk of exposure by reducing the number of people each person interacts with.
- Staff will document a visit to a classroom if they are not part of that cohort by signing a Classroom Visitor Sign-In Log.
- Per State guidelines, cohorts will consist of 14 students and no more than two supervising adults, or no more than 16 individuals total (students and adults).
Meals and Snacks
- Free breakfast and lunch are available daily. Meals will be individually wrapped and fruit and milk will also be available. Visit sfusd.edu/menus to view the menu for your school. Meals are currently free for all students this school year.
- Food may be brought from home, but students may not share food items.
- School meals will be delivered directly to each classroom via mobile serving carts. Students will eat meals in their classroom or outdoors, when possible. An eating area will be designated for each cohort, or will be sanitized between mealtimes. Students will be physically distanced when eating since face coverings cannot be worn. Mealtimes will be staggered to maximize the use of outdoor space and prevent mixing of cohorts.
- Students will be asked to wash/sanitize hands before and after eating and will be provided with sanitizing wipes for desks when eating in classrooms.
- When eating or drinking, students will be asked to put their face covering on a clean paper towel, in a paper bag, or in their pocket to limit surface contamination.
- Students may not share food items. Leftover whole fruit or packaged items that do not need to be refrigerated may be taken home. Other items will be discarded at the end of the meal period.
- Hand-operated water fountains will be disabled. Students will be asked to bring water bottles to school and may refill at water stations.