Face Masks or Cloth Face Coverings
- All students and adults must wear a mask or face covering that covers their nose, mouth and chin at all times, except while eating, drinking, or taking a nap. Only individuals with a documented medical reason to not wear a face covering will be exempt. This includes family members and caregivers dropping off or picking up children. Your school can supply a face mask for anyone who needs one. If you believe your child should be exempt from wearing a face covering at school, please present the school with a note from your child's doctor excusing your child from wearing face covering at school based on medical reasons. Additional safety measures will be implemented to help keep staff and students safe.
- When eating or drinking, students will be asked to put their face covering on a clean paper towel, in a paper bag, or in their pocket to limit surface contamination. Wash your child’s face coverings frequently, ideally after each use, and change daily. Launder face coverings with detergent in warm or hot water and dry on a hot cycle. Discard face coverings that have stretched out or damaged ties or straps, cannot stay on the face, or have holes or tears in the fabric.
- Review face mask safety precautions (English, Español, 中文) for more on putting on, removing, and caring for face masks.
Hand Washing or Sanitizing
Students and staff must frequently wash hands with soap and water or use hand sanitizer, which will be provided.
Students should wash/sanitize hands before:
- Starting the school day
- Putting on face covering
Students should wash/sanitize hands after:
- Cough/sneezing/blowing nose
- Using the restroom
- Touching hair/face/face covering
- Touching commonly used surfaces