Contact Special Education
Due to Covid 19, the Special Education Services Department Offices are closed. However, Special Education staff are working remotely and are checking their voicemails and emails daily.
- Have a Special Education Question? Fill out this form to contact Special Education Services.
- Parents can call the Special Education Services Office at (415) 759-2222 or contact Special Education staff via SFUSD's Student & Family Link at 415-340-1716 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- For questions regarding brown files, or special education records email email@example.com.
- For questions regarding SEIS files please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For more information, visit the Special Education Website
Special Education Services Office
3045 Santiago St.
San Francisco, CA 94116
WHO’s WHO in SFUSD Special Education Services
Jean Robertson Chief, Special Education Services
Jenny Jimenez-Payne Director of School Services
Margaret Farruggio Director of Compliance, Staffing, PD
Kristen Devine Director of County Programs - Early Ed, NPS, Private/Parochial
Anacorina Lola Related Services Supervisor
Scott Ostendorf Psychologists Supervisor
Julia Martin Ombudsperson
Maggie Michels Cohort 1 Supervisor (Alamo • Alvarado • Bryant • Chavez • Dolores Huerta • Flynn • Glen Park • Grattan • Lafayette • Las Americas • Marshall • McCoppin • Harvey Milk • Moscone • Sanchez • Junipero Serra • Sutro)
Kee Fricke-Pothier Cohort 2 & 4 Supervisor (Argonne • Bessie Carmichael • John Yehall Chin • Chinese Immersion • Cleveland • Edwin & Anita Lee • ER Taylor • Garfield • Gordon J. Lau • MissionEd • Monroe • SF Public Montessori • Muir • Jean Parker • Rosa Parks • Redding • SF Community • Sherman • Spring Valley • Tenderloin • Yick Wo)
Ricki-Jo Scott Cohort 3 & 4 Supervisor (Alice Fong Yu • Carver • Cobb • Drew • Bret Harte • Starr King • Malcolm X • McKinley • New Traditions • Peabody Webster • Vis.Valley • Hillcrest • Buena Vista/Horace Mann • Lawton • Lilienthal • Revere • Rooftop)
TBD Cohort 5 Supervisor (Clarendon • Commodore Sloat • El Dorado • Feinstein • Guadalupe • Jefferson • Francis Scott Key • Lakeshore • Longfellow • Miraloma • Ortega • Sheridan)
Corrina McGraw Early Education/PK Supervisor
Ben Neumann Middle Schools Supervisor
Matt Lavoie High Schools Supervisor
Chad Schimke Non Public Schools (NPS) Supervisor
TBD Private Parochial Program Administrator
Kara Schinella Transition Program Administrator
Cathy Sherman Behavior Analysts and SOAR Program Administrator
TBD Related Services Program Administrator
Adriana Aro Alternative Dispute Resolution Program Administrator
TBD Early Education/PK Program Administrator
Looking for more information? View the SFUSD Special Education: Cohorts for School Year 2020-2021 contact list.
Special Education Ombudsperson
Contact the Ombudsperson:
Julia Martin, Special Education Ombudsperson
The SFUSD Special Education Ombudsperson is the family, community and staff liaison for students with Individualized Education Programs (IEPs). The Ombudsman's office can:
- Assist parents and guardians in navigating Special Education Services and when they have concerns regarding special education services for their children at school sites or districtwide.
- Provide training to SFUSD and San Francisco community stakeholders, such as Navigating Special Education Services, IEP 101, Engaging and Empowering SFUSD Families, Effective Communication between Special Education Families and Educators, and other issues related to special education services and families.
- Address the need for educational surrogate assignment (the Ombudsperson is the educational surrogate coordinator for the district, which matches students in need of representation with volunteers to help advocate for their educational needs.)
Ombudsperson support is confidential, free of charge to all SFUSD families and often leads to resolutions before legal action is needed. If needed, translation/interpretation can be provided.
The vision of the Office of Ombudsperson is to ensure children with special needs receive all services and supports needed to benefit from public education by fostering an environment where collaboration and cooperation exist between parents, staff and administration.