SFUSD Student Assignment Policy Virtual Community Information Sessions
SFUSD Student Assignment Policy Community Information Sessions
You are invited to a Community Information Session to learn about the proposed Student Assignment Policy that the School Board will vote on in December. This is an opportunity to ask questions about the policy, understand its key features, and provide input on how we implement the policy in the coming years.
Watch tonight's Community Information Sessions here (Wednesday 10/28/2020 at 6:30PM - Cantonese) here:
Dates of the Virtual Community Information Sessions
- Tuesday, October 27 at 6:30 PM: Community Info Session in English with Interpretation (Slides)
- Wednesday, October 28 at 6:30 PM: Community Info Session in Cantonese (Slides)
- Thursday, October 29 at 6:30 PM: Community Info Session in Spanish (Slides)
- Saturday, November 7 at 3:00 PM: Community Info Session in English with Interpretation (part of the SFUSD Virtual Enrollment Fair)
Format of the Community Information Sessions
Due to shelter-in-place, the Community Information Sessions will be broadcast on YouTube live and public access television, and the community will be invited to give feedback via Thought Exchange. You can join any of the meetings with a computer, laptop, or cell phone. Interpretation will be available.
Joining the Community Information Sessions through Watch Parties
We strongly encourage you to join the Community Information Sessions by joining one of the watch parties hosted by SFUSD’s various parent organizations and local nonprofits. These meetings will give you the opportunity to talk to other families, ask questions, and provide additional feedback to the district. Links to these Zoom meetings will appear here soon.
- Tuesday, October 27 at 6:15 PM:
- African American Parent Advisory Committee Watch Party: https://sfusd.zoom.us/j/81496581566
- SFUSD Parent Advisory Committee Watch Party: 10/27 Town Hall PAC Watch Party
- Special Education Advisory Committee Watch Party: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZEvcuigpj0uH9Nm686Sq87SfwHxd4TUK6d3
- Parents for Public Schools Watch Party: Register for Watch Party on October 27
- Wednesday, October 28 at 6:15 PM:
- Thursday, October 29 at 6:15 PM:
- Parents for Public Schools Watch Party: Regístrese Para La Ver Fiesta El 29 De Octubre
- Saturday, November 7, at 2:45 PM:
- Second District Parent Teacher Association Watch Party: Register for the Watch Party November 7
- Parents for Public Schools Watch Party: Register for Watch Party on November 7 (part of the SFUSD Virtual Enrollment Fair)
Registering for Community Information Sessions and Requesting Interpretation and ASL Services
We encourage you to register for the Community Information Sessions that you will attend. This helps us plan for the best experience for your family. Registration form here.
Community Information meetings will be conducted in English, Spanish, and Cantonese, as noted in their descriptions. If you need interpretation or ASL for any of the meetings, please register by October 20 and indicate it in the form. Registration form here.