Guidelines for Masks and Face Coverings
Face Masks or Cloth Face Coverings
As of April 2, 2022, masking is strongly recommended but not required at all SFUSD schools and offices.
- Review face mask safety precautions (English, Español, 中文) for more on putting on, removing, and caring for face masks.
- Download the Masking Is Strongly Recommended in Schools poster (Español | 中文 | عربي | Gagana Sāmoa | Tagalog | Tiếng Việt)
Hand Washing or Sanitizing
Students and staff must frequently wash hands with soap and water or use hand sanitizer, which will be provided.
Students should wash/sanitize hands before:
- Starting the school day
- Putting on face covering
Students should wash/sanitize hands after:
- Cough/sneezing/blowing nose
- Using the restroom
- Touching hair/face/face covering
- Touching commonly used surfaces
This page was last updated on April 7, 2022