Being Prepared for the Event of an Emergency
Here at SFUSD, safety is our priority. There are ways your family can be prepared in the event of an emergency at or near your child’s school:
- Make sure your child’s Emergency Contact information is up to date with the school’s main office and on ParentVUE. Learn how to update your Emergency Card in ParentVUE at sfusd.edu/emergencycard.
- Know your school’s evacuation site (see your school’s emergency plan in the main office)
- Follow us @SFUnified on Twitter
- Citywide information on sf72.org
How does SFUSD communicate to families during an emergency?
In the event of an emergency at or near your school, we have several ways to keep you informed. Depending on the situation, you can expect one or all of these communications:
- Autodial phone call to the primary phone number listed on your child’s Emergency Contact card
- Text message to your mobile phone from SchoolMessenger
- Important updates on our website home page www.sfusd.edu
- Status updates on Twitter (@SFUnified)
- Informational updates on radio stations such as KCBS (740AM) and KQED (88.5 FM)
- Updates on 311.org
- Citywide information on sfgov.org
This page was last updated on September 26, 2022