George R. Moscone Elementary School
School code number: 723
Grade level: PreK-5
Hours: 7:50 a.m. - 1:50 p.m.
2576 Harrison Street, San Francisco, CA, 94110
(PreK is hosted at Las Americas Early Education School)
School Loop: moscone-sfusd-ca.schoolloop.com
Principal: Valerie Hoshino
Discover This School
George R. Moscone, located in the historic Mission District, has a multiethnic student body rich in cultural and linguistic diversity. An energetic, hard-working staff collaborates to create an atmosphere that nurtures academic, social, and emotional growth. We are committed to having all students perform at their highest ability to reach their full potential. Students will develop their self-esteem and a respect for individual differences through their own sense of personal and social responsibility.
Our faculty is committed to engaging students in all their senses and teaching to all types of learning modalities. Every day children have opportunities in every class for hands-on and differing modalities of instruction, through music, movement, and project based learning. One unique strategy to teach content is performing and producing plays in English and Spanish. Teachers communicate frequently with each other to share ideas and provide the best opportunities for the students. We believe in strong communication with families regarding student development. Translation is an integral part of information and dialogue with families as all weekly newsletters are sent home in three languages: English, Chinese, and Spanish.
This school feeds into:
School ToursEvery Wednesday at 8:15 a.m. Please check in with the office. Arrangements can be made with visitors who are unable to make the Wednesday tour.
White collared shirt or blouse, navy blue pants, skirt, or jumper.
Before-School ProgramsBreakfast served from 7:25 to 7:45 a.m.
- Community Youth Center-ExCEL program on site. Call 415-695-5736 for details.
- SFUSD Early Education Department Out of School Time
Program: Las Americas, Pre-K & K-5th grade, 7:30AM-5:30PM, (415) 695-5746.
- Boys' and Girls' Club at Mission Clubhouse on Alabama (Safe Walk provided by Clubhouse). Call 415-400-8911 for details.
- Mission Recreation Center one block away. Call 415-695-5012 for details.
Special Education Programs
- Designated instructional services
- Resource specialist program
Student Support Programs
- On-site learning support professional (Spanish bilingual), 2.5 days a week
- RSP teacher 5 days a week
- Reading recovery teacher (Spanish bilingual) for primary grades
- English language development teacher to support upper grade English Learners in small groups
Arts and EnrichmentDance program. art program. PE coach
School Day Academic Enrichment
Core Curriculum dance and art program, computer class, reading recovery, GATE, Wise Science
Class size reduction in upper grades (27 students max), two full-time reading recovery teachers, class-size computer lab, bilingual paraprofessional, after-school tutoring and homework club for target students