John Yehall Chin Elementary School
School code number: 872
Grade level: K-5
Hours: 9:25 a.m. - 3:35 p.m.
350 Broadway (temporary address for the 2016-17 school year is 940 Filbert St.), San Francisco, CA, 94133
Neighborhood: North Beach
School Loop: chin-sfusd-ca.schoolloop.com
Principal: Allen Lee
- ADA Access Guide
- School Accountability Report Card
- Balanced Score Card
- Social-Emotional and Culture Climate Report
Watch videos explaining our new social-emotional and culture-climate indicators.
Discover This School
John Yehall Chin parents love our small, welcoming school and the well-rounded education we provide their students. Being efficient and productive are the two attributes that we treasure the most here. We fully realize and accept without angst the importance of state mandated assessments. We believe in creating a learning environment that fosters caring and innovation so that our students are thirsting to transform our world. Our teachers possess a deep knowledge of their content areas and current research on human development to effectively teach all learners. We believe in using technology, as well as maintaining the all-important human touch, to communicate clearly and frequently with families.
Monthly programs such as the Wells Fargo Bank Savings Program, the School Spirits Store, and weekly programs such as the School Pride Tickets, and the Lily Cai Chinese Cultural Dance Program are just some of the unique opportunities that our students and families all love.
This school feeds into:
Call the school to schedule.
Navy blue pants, skirt, or jumper; white shirt or blouse; navy blue sweater (encouraged)
- 3:35 to 5:30 PM: fee based. Run by the Chinatown YMCA here on site at JYC. Open to K-5 graders who attend JYC. Students receive help with homework and participate in recreational and enrichment activities.
- 3:35 to 6 PM: fee based based on qualifications. Run by the Chinatown YMCA here on site at JYC. Only open to select students new to JYC who now attend JYC and to pre-qualified students who attend JYC. Students receive help with homework and participate in recreational and enrichment activites.
Special Education Programs
- Designated instructional services
- Resource specialist program
English Plus Pathway, Elementary Biliteracy Pathway (Cantonese K-2)
Student Support Programs
School Social Worker; SST; CARE Team