McKinley Elementary School
School code number: 718
Grade level: K-5
Hours: 7:50 a.m. - 1:50 p.m.
1025 14th Street, San Francisco, CA, 94114
Neighborhood: Castro/Upper Market
School Loop: mckinley-sfusd-ca.schoolloop.com
Principal: MollyMacGregor Pope
- ADA Access Guide
- School Accountability Report Card
- Balanced Score Card
- Social-Emotional and Culture Climate Report
Watch videos explaining our new social-emotional and culture-climate indicators.
Discover This School
Located in the heart of San Francisco, McKinley is a small school serving a diverse group of children from many areas of the city. McKinley's administration and staff are committed to building a school climate in which all children feel safe and are encouraged to express themselves. Our philosophy is that every child can achieve, and our teachers and staff take responsibility for challenging every student to learn. We recognize that students come with diverse assets, and strive to help every student achieve his or her highest potential. We want to see each student on time, in class every day, having a positive attitude toward school, and achieving lesson goals. Equity does not mean equal. It means that we strive to have every student achieve proficiency or above.
Besides our strong core curriculum, we offer enrichment programs such as Adventures in Music, Artist in Residence, and Music as well as many special events during the year. In addition, the Afterschool Enrichment Program runs a high quality, licensed, on-site program. The afterschool program staff work with teachers to support and enrich curriculum from the regular school day. We believe that everyone in the school community (including staff, parents and students) is responsible for student achievement. In order to keep our promises to the families at McKinley, we must make sure that communication is frequent and reaches all families in a timely manner. We welcome every family to feel included in school meetings, events, and activities.
This school feeds into:
8:15 to 9:15 a.m. on Mondays and Thursdays from October through January 14. You must register for a tour online.
- After School Enrichment Programs (ASEP), Monday through Thursday, 1:50 to 4:00 p.m.
- Language immersion programming, Monday through Friday, 1:50 to 6:00 PM
Special Education Programs
- Designated instructional services
- Resource specialist program
- Separate classes with a focus on services for emotional disturbance
Language ProgramsEnglish Plus Pathway
Student Support ProgramsAfterschool enrichment and language (Spanish and Mandarin) programs; lunch-time wellness program, Keyboard Educators
Arts and EnrichmentSFArtsED: dance, drama, music, movement, visual arts
School Day Academic Enrichment
- VAPA (Visual & Performing Arts, SFUSD): chorus, instruments (3-5)
- San Francisco Arts Education (SFArtsED)
- Mission Science Workshop Science Enrichment
- Integrated technology (projectors, document cameras, computers, interactive whiteboard)