What You Need to Apply
- Completed application form
- Parent/guardian’s picture ID
- Student's birth certificate or hospital record
- Two proofs of home address (see below for a list of acceptable proofs of home address)
- High school transcript (For students currently enrolled in a non-SFUSD high school looking to transfer to SFUSD for the current school year)
Acceptable Proofs of Home Address:Proofs of home address must be originals and include the name and address of the parent or guardian.
- One to two utility service contract, statement or payment receipts; from different agencies such as PG&E, water, cable, or garbage within 45 days (no cell phone bills will be accepted)
- Both automobile registration and auto insurance policy, must be current (count as one proof)
- Homeowner’s or renter’s insurance policy, must be current
- Property tax payment receipts, must be current assessment year.
- Correspondence from a government agency within 45 days
- Grant deed, title of property
- Rental property contract, lease, or payment receipts within 45 days
- Section 8 agreements, must be current
- Affidavit of residency executed by the parent or legal guardian of a pupil
- Pay stubs, within 45 days
- Voter registration, must be current
Sorry, we cannot accept cell phone bills as proof of address.
Immunization records are not required for application submission, but are required at the time of school enrollment.
Students new to the district are required to
meet the following requirements:
TB Skin Test (all students entering SFUSD)
- within one year of entering the SFUSD or signature of health examiner attesting to no risk factors for TB
- 5 DTaP (4 doses meet requirement if at least one was given on or after the 4th birthday)
- 4 Polio (3 doses meet requirement if at least one was given on or after the 4th birthday)
- 3 Hepatitis B
- 2 MMR (both on or after 1st birthday)
- 1 Varicella (a second dose is recommended)
- All immunizations above PLUS
- Tdap (whooping cough) booster
Immunization forms are available at any San Francisco Health Center and the Educational Placement Center.