Paul Revere (PreK-8) School
School code number: 760
Grade level: PreK-8
Hours: 7:50 a.m. - 1:50 p.m. (early release on Thursdays at 1:00 p.m.)
555 Tompkins Avenue, San Francisco, CA, 94110
Neighborhood: Bernal Heights
School Loop: prs-sfusd-ca.schoolloop.com
Principal: Stacy-Ann Afflick
Discover This School
Paul Revere College Preparatory School, kindergarten through 8th grade, is located in the heart of the Bernal Heights neighborhood. Our mission is to achieve academic excellence, while celebrating diversity and building a strong family - school - community connection. We provide a distinctive and high-quality education with our dedicated staff, small class-sizes, commitment to bilingualism, and a safe, nurturing learning environment, so that students may lead full and productive lives. Incorporated in the school are the core values that this community strives for: excellence in academic achievement, respect for diversity, and strength in character and personal growth. We focus on a rigorous academic program emphasizing reading, writing, math, science, and the arts.
Our dedicated and caring teachers and support staff work together to provide a safe and nurturing environment for learning. Learning based on projects and problem-solving addresses real-world issues through the lenses of race, gender, culture, economic equity, peace, justice, and the environment. Our community and the city are our classroom. School-wide expectations promote and recognize positive behaviors, civic responsibility, community service, acceptance, and safe/healthy choices. Assemblies recognize high academic standards of student performance as well as positive contributions to the overall school environment. We value a culture of service and support that is responsive to all and clearly defines how we work with our community. We frequently remind our students and families that at Paul Revere School, we cannot do it alone— "It Takes a Village". Partnering our efforts with a committed parent community, Paul Revere works toward a better future for all our children.
This school feeds into:
Revere, Paul (PreK-8) School
School ToursFirst and third Wednesday 9am beginning in October. Call to confirm. Spanish translation available.
UniformsBlack pants or skirt/white collared shirt
Before-School ProgramsSFUSD breakfast 7:25-7:45am.
- 1:50-6pm - ExCEL Extended Day program through Bay Area Community Resources, grades K-6
- 1:50-6pm - SF Rec & Parks fee-based after school at Bernal Rec Center, grades K-5
- 1:50-6pm - SF Rec & Parks after school at St. Mary's Rec Center, grades 6-8
Special Education Programs
- Designated instructional services
- Resource specialist program
- Mild/moderate separate classes
Student Support Programs
- Paul Revere has a full-time SFUSD nurse to provide health support and case management, as well as referral information for all families. She also facilitates dental, vision and hearing checks for various grade levels.
- Mental health professionals at Paul Revere provide parent consultation as well as direct therapy to students. Our mental health professionals include a full-time SFUSD social worker, therapist interns from Alliant International University psychological services center, and a therapist from Urban Services YMCA’s Potrero Hill Family Resource Center.
- A Restorative Practices lead works with a team of staff members to help students, families and staff to build strong positive relationships through constructive responses to behavior problems.
- No Bully is a school-wide bully prevention program that uses Solution Teams composed of students with an adult coach. A solution team provides an opportunity for students to meet, under the guidance of a trained adult, to come up with alternatives to bullying behavior. These alternatives or “solutions” will lead students to think of ways to increase inclusion, respect, and kindness.
- A full-time Community School Coordinator builds and coordinates partnerships with community-based organizations and individuals to support common goals for student achievement.
- A full-time student advisor focuses on helping families to improve attendance.
- A part-time parent liaison supports parent organizations and individual families.
- The Student Assistant Program (SAP) meets weekly to support students with needs impacting their education.
Arts and Enrichment
School Day Academic EnrichmentMission Science Workshop provides field trips grades K-5;
Middle School electives in drama (in partnership with SF Shakespeare Festival), poetry and spoken word (Performing Arts Workshop), singing and performance, leadership, art, computer-based learning.