Online Learning Program Welcome and First Day Steps
The Online Learning Program provides students a safe and nurturing learning environment in the virtual realm. Our caring and dedicated teachers and staff have excelled in the virtual environment and will guide your students on their unique pathways of success. With your support and feedback, the Online Learning Program hopes to provide SFUSD students and families with successful and supportive learning options.
Directions for the 1st day of school:
- If you don't already have a device for your student to access school online and you need to borrow one from the district, please submit a technology request to your home school through the ParentVue online technology request form. Once you are logged into ParentVue, click on “Online Forms”. If you do not already have a ParentVue account activated, please visit sfusd.edu/parentvue to learn how to activate your account.
- Preparing to learn
- Establish a quiet working space
- Ensure student device and the internet is working
- Make sure Chrome and other apps are accessible
- Identify volume and mic controls
- Click on the Zoom link of your student’s grade level to enter the class at 9:30. If you are a student or parent who needs the Zoom links for the program's classes, contact the Student Family School Resource Link.
- In Zoom, identify the video and audio tools so they can be enabled and disabled
Our schedule for the next two weeks will be a welcome unit and will include a synchronous instructional block from 9:30-11:30 each day followed by asynchronous work for students to do on their own in the afternoons. Please support your student in being on time and present for our community time.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to call me at 669-237-0892 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to building our virtual community together and having a very successful year of learning.
Online Learning Program