This policy outlines the types of information our website gathers, uses, discloses and manages when you visit our website, as well as some of the steps we take to safeguard it.
- Personally identifiable information (PII) is information that can be used to discover a person’s identity. This is information like name, address, phone number, geolocation data, etc.
- Some of our webpages contain online forms that allow you to voluntarily submit PII. In those cases, if you choose to submit your PII using these online forms, we will make every attempt to secure the transfer of your PII and your privacy. SFUSD.edu cannot provide a guarantee to the absolute security of your personal information.
- SFUSD.edu will never sell any student or parent data (or any system data).
- We do not sell ads or carry advertising.
- We regularly review and update our industry-standard security practices and systems.
Information collected by SFUSD.edu
- We do not collect personal information about you when you visit our website unless you choose to provide that information through SFUSD.edu.
- If your use of SFUSD.edu is limited to browsing the site, reading pages, or downloading information, the website’s operating system will collect limited non-personally identifying information your browser makes available automatically whenever you visit a website.
- Information collected includes the Internet Address of your computer or network, the date, time, and page you visited on our site, your browser and operating system, and the referring page (the last webpage you visited before clicking on a link to our site).
- We use this aggregated anonymous information from all of our visitors to measure server performance and improve the content of our site.
- SFUSD.edu will track keywords that are entered into our search engine to measure interest in specific topics, but we do not associate the keywords with individual users.
Information you provide
- Information volunteered by you through your filling out of our optional online feedback form is used to help us enhance our websites and may be shared with SFUSD employees and contractors for that purpose.
- We do not give, share, sell, rent, or transfer any personal information to a third party.
- We use a tool called "Google Analytics" to help understand how visitors interact with our website so that the site can be improved.
- You can choose not to have your data collected by Google Analytics by downloading their opt-out browser add-on.
Third-party websites and links
- San Francisco Unified School District uses links and search capabilities to navigate publicly available information from agencies that are not part of the San Francisco Unified School District website and over whom the District exercises no control.
- Please review the privacy policies and procedures described that apply to third-party websites prior to interacting with the site.
- We suggest contacting these sites directly for information on their data collection and distribution policies.
- We monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information or to otherwise cause damage to the site. Anyone using this website expressly consents to such monitoring.
- We take appropriate security measures to protect unauthorized access, alteration or destruction of data.
Information from email
- If you send SFUSD an electronic mail message (email), the message will contain your email address. If you include any PII in your email, we may use that information to respond to your request or forward your email to the appropriate SFUSD staff with a need to know in order to respond to your request. In limited circumstances, we may be required by law to disclose information that you submit.
- We take appropriate security measures to secure against interception of email. However, because we cannot provide a guarantee of absolute security of PII sent via electronic means, we advise you to include only the information necessary for SFUSD to process your request.